Skip to main content
- As a result of improving weather conditions, all cities and counties have been removed from PSPS consideration.
- Power was shut off early Tuesday (1/1) morning to 34 customers, mostly commercial accounts, in an unincorporated portion of Orange County near Irvine Lake and remains off. Power is expected to be restored to these customers later today.
- There may be outages strictly related to equipment damage from weather and the operation of protective equipment, these are unrelated to a proactive power shutoff.
- If an outage occurs, power will be restored as weather permits and after crews inspect and determine it is safe to re-energize lines.
- Customers may report or inquire about outages at 800-611-1911. For information on outages, customers can check sce.com/outages or visit twitter.com/sce and facebook.com/sce.
Power Outage Safety Tips
- If you see a downed power line, do not touch it or anything in contact with it. Call 911 immediately.
- Power outages in the area may impact traffic signals so motorists should use extreme caution and treat all intersections as four-way-stops.
- Remember to check emergency supplies to be sure you have a battery-operated radio, a flashlight and fresh batteries.
- Use flashlights instead of candles to avoid fire hazards in your home or business.
- If you’re in a vehicle with a fallen power line on it, stay in the vehicle and remain calm until help arrives. It is OK to use your cellphone to call 911. If you must leave the vehicle, remember to exit away from downed power lines and exit by jumping from the vehicle and landing with both feet together. You must not touch the vehicle and the ground at the same time. Then proceed away from the vehicle by shuffling and not picking up your feet until you are several yards away.
- If you use a generator, place it outdoors and plug individual appliances directly into it, using a heavy-duty extension cord. Connecting generators directly to household circuits creates “backfeed,” which is dangerous to repair crews. Please consult the manufacturer’s manual for operating the generator.