Click here if you were impacted by the October wildfires

Bill Assistance Programs


Need Time to Pay Your Bill?

We understand that sometimes paying your bill is a challenge. We offer options in My Account if you need a little extra time.
If you need to make payment arrangements, options are available.

On-going Bill Support

You may be eligible for a discount on your monthly bill through the California Alternate Rates for Energy (CARE) or Family Electric Rate Assistance (FERA) programs.

1-Time Assistance

Need a little extra help this month? The Energy Assistance Fund provides up to $100 to eligible customers once a year. You can participate by applying for assistance or make a donation.

Expose as Block

Free Upgrades

We can help you save over time through the Energy Savings Assistance Program. If you’re eligible, we’ll cover the cost of efficient new appliances and installation.

Energy Management Center

Manage your energy use with Smart products, programs and tools by visiting the Energy Management Center.

Expose as Block

Do You Qualify for Public Assistance?

If you receive public assistance, you may qualify for help paying your electric bill or for the Energy Savings Assistance Program, which can help you conserve energy and reduce your electricity costs.

Do You Fit Income Requirements?

You may be eligible for help paying your energy bill based on your household income. Household income eligibility is calculated by adding together all income sources, including wages or salaries, Social Security, pensions, unemployment benefits, child or spousal support, workers comp payments, disability, scholarships, legal settlements and other sources not listed.

Clear An Unpaid Bill to Qualify for Subsidized Housing

Is an unpaid electric bill stopping you from getting or staying in subsidized housing? The Subsidized Housing Assistance Relief For Energy (SHARE) program may help. Our partners can help you pay a past utility debt so you can meet subsidized housing requirements.

To apply or find out if you are eligible:

 Contact a Partner Organization

To apply, you will need to provide the following documents:

  • Subsidized Housing program approval letter or Section 8 voucher
  • Proof of failing Housing Habitability Standard Inspection due to lack of SCE service
  • Proof of homelessness (e.g Certificate of Homelessness)
  • Disconnection notice or proof of utility service disconnection

SHARE funds are available once a year per household, and requests are evaluated case-by-case. This program runs until 12/31/2019 or until the funds are used. SHARE is funded by SCE shareholders and administered by United Way of Greater Los Angeles.

Choose Your Bill’s Due Date

With Choose Your Due Date (CDD), you can select the time frame for your bill due date that is the most convenient for you. The available choices are the beginning (day 1-10), middle (day 11-20), or end (day 21-31) of the month, and you can make up to two changes per 12 month period (including initial enrollment). Your due date will be set to a date within the range selected.

To learn more or sign up online go to Choose Your Due Date, or call us at 1-800-655-4555 and:

  1. After listening to your account balance, select ‘‘Billing & Payment programs’’
  2. Then choose ‘‘Change Bill Due Date’’ and make your selection.

The change is usually effective on the following month’s bill (it may take two bills).

If you are on any of the following billing options, we cannot enable CDD: Level Pay Plan, Net Energy Metering, Summary Billing, or an Owner Continuity Agreement.

We offer several other billing and payment-related tools that work with or without CDD. You can learn more about these and other self-service options at

Expose as Block