Learn more here.
With a Time-Of-Use (TOU) plan, you can take advantage of lower rates during certain times or days. That means if you can follow a few easy guidelines, you can reduce your expenses, save energy, and even help the environment.
How do TOU plans work?
In a TOU plan, electricity prices go up during the times that demand for energy is the highest.
Step 1: Get on the Right Plan
Different households have different daily routines. That’s why the first thing you should do is pick a plan that offers the best value for your lifestyle.
The Rate Plan Comparison Tool can help. It uses your past usage data to estimate your costs for other plans.
Step 2: Shift Your Usage
If prices at the grocery store changed based on the time of day, you would probably go shopping when items are the cheapest. Think of a TOU plan the same way––by changing the times you run appliances and adjusting your heating/cooling system, you can enjoy lower rates.
• Discover easy energy savings and up to $150 in rebates when you buy a smart thermostat.
Smart Energy Program >
• Find out how much you can save by running appliances at times when prices are lower.
Appliance Energy Use Cost Estimator >
• Sign up for texts alerts to get helpful reminders of your plan’s schedule every weekday. TOU Text Alerts >
Step 3: Lower Your Total Usage
Using less energy always makes good sense, no matter what plan you have.
• From appliances to efficiency upgrades, discover ideas and guides to help you save energy in your household.
Home Efficiency Guide >
• Thinking about renovating? Get financial incentives to install energy upgrades in your home.
Home Efficiency Upgrade Program >
• Browse tips to help you lower your overall energy usage.
Energy Saving Tips >
Looking for reviews, rebates, and the best deals on energy-efficient products and appliances?