Nordstrom committed itself to taking steps to better manage its energy use. By participating in the Automated Demand Response Program, it not only received $526,000 in incentives for technology upgrades but also experienced a 3.5% reduction in use per square foot annually. With Time-Of-Use rates in effect, it’s worth looking at how to apply similar energy-saving strategies to your business.
Your business has unique energy needs, and we have customized recommendations to help you manage them. Take a survey to get information about your equipment and energy use habits, and then build an energy plan to help you achieve greater energy efficiency and better manage your bottom line.
Several retailers have already taken advantage of energy-efficient equipment. To help your business receive these same cost-efficient benefits, we offer low-interest financing for qualified energy-efficient projects.
Here are just a few of the energy-efficient programs and suggestions that our customers have employed to increase their cost efficiency. You’ll also find more energy-efficient solutions in our Large Retailers Fact Sheet and Small Retailers Fact Sheet, and a complete list of all our qualifying energy-efficiency incentives and demand response programs by requesting our Solutions Directory.
Want to explore your clean energy options with SCE? We want to help lower your energy bill and reduce your carbon footprint. Clean energy can help provide the solution.
Help improve your energy efficiency by better managing your lighting costs.
- Use LED bulbs and LED exit signs
- Install dimmable ballasts to lower energy use in fluorescent lamps
- Install inexpensive occupancy sensors
- Install sensory controllers on vending machines
- Upgrade to new-generation, low-wattage T8 lamps and fixtures
Your business may already qualify for incentives that could put these energy-saving upgrades into effect.
Maximize your energy saving by effectively managing your air-conditioning systems.
- Install programmable thermostats
- Install window film and blinds to keep the heat out
- Switch to LED bulbs and decrease the amount of office heat and A/C energy use
- Sign up for HVAC Maintenance
- Install sensory controllers on vending machines or shut them down for a short period
There are many more energy-efficient solutions for your business.
Purchase office equipment that more effectively manages your energy use.
- Upgrade to high-efficiency ENERGY STAR® certified office equipment
- Install water-conserving toilets and faucets in public restrooms
Your business can benefit from even more energy-efficient equipment options.
Receive energy savings by using smart technology that effortlessly and temporarily reduces the amount of energy your business uses (known as “load reduction”) during a DR event. With Auto-DR, load reduction is automatic and reliable, so it’s easier to participate in DR programs to capitalize on program earnings and help lower your energy costs.
- Install equipment that automates electrical load reduction during demand response events and receive Automated Demand Response Technology incentives
Here are some immediate ways to significantly reduce your business energy use.
- Take advantage of day lighting options and reduce lighting levels
- Turn off excess cash registers and computers
- Pre-cool work areas, then cycle ventilation and A/C units
- Charge batteries and battery-operated equipment prior to TOU On-Peak hours, then use only pre-charged equipment during TOU On-Peak hours
- Make comprehensive changes to industrial processes to reduce water consumption