IMPORTANT NOTICE: Effective March 7, 2017 Stage 3 Mandatory Water Rationing is no longer in effect. Please check back for updated information about Stage 1 Mandatory Conservation now in effect.
Safely providing electricity, water and gas to Catalina Island is our top priority. Below is helpful information about these services for the more than 4,000 year-round residents and over 700,000 visitors Catalina Island hosts every year.
Since 1962, we’ve been providing water service to Catalina Island through water storage, wells, water treatment and distribution, and, more recently, a desalination plant. Download our fact sheet to learn more about the water system.
Water Supply Status and Stage 1 Results
- As of July 23, 2018 the Middle Ranch Reservoir water level was 610.96 acre feet.
- In June, 2018, water use declined 53 percent even with a 31 percent increase in visitors to the island; 16 acre feet of water was used compared to 34 acre feet in June, 2013.
- In June, 2018 water use decreased 32 percent with a 2 percent increase in visitors to the island; 16 acre feet of water was used compared to 23 acre feet in June, 2017.
- Between July, 2017 and June, 2018, water use declined 30 percent even with a 30 percent increase in visitors to the island; 267 acre feet of water was used compared to 382 acre feet in June, 2012 - May, 2013 (baseline).
We also provide commercial and residential customers on Catalina Island with gas services. Below are answers to some questions you may have related to your gas service.
We generate electricity for Catalina Island using six diesel generators and 23 propane-powered microturbines, and we distribute that power using three distribution circuits that serve the entire island. Here are some useful ways to help you manage your electricity usage:
- Helpful tips: Low- to no-cost ways for you to maximize your savings.
- Get to Know Your Rate: Learn how residential rate plans work
- Rebates & Incentives: Get paid for purchasing energy efficient appliances or participating in energy-saving programs
- Make your home more energy efficient
Still have questions?
Commercial and residential customers on Catalina Island can call our dedicated customer support at 1-800-367-8851. For dedicated Catalina support, call Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.