Homeowners, property owners and businesses will soon have access to several new financing programs designed to put enhanced energy efficiency and reduced energy consumption within reach.
You may be eligible for attractive rates and terms for lender financing, as well as the convenience of repaying a loan through your monthly utility bill.
Residential Energy Efficiency Loan (REEL) Assistance Program (Now Available)
If you own a single-family home and want to increase efficiency while reducing costs, you may qualify for the Residential Energy Efficiency Loan (REEL) Program (formerly referred to as the Single Family Loan Program). The program provides attractive financing options that can help you to reduce your overall energy use and enhance the comfort of your home. Participating REEL lenders offer energy efficiency loans with favorable rates and terms.
The REEL program provides access to loans for Eligible Energy Efficiency Measures (EEEMS). All improvements financed through REEL lenders must include EEEMS for at least 70% of the total construction scope of work and the remaining 30% allows for financing non-energy home improvements.
Examples of EEEMs that qualify for REEL financing include:
- HVAC (split, package, heat pump, evaporative cooler, furnace, repair)
- Water Heating
- Insulation (wall, attic, floor, duct)
- Air Sealing
- Duct Sealing
- Pool Pumps
- Smart Thermostats
- And More
For more information about the REEL Program, or to view the complete EEEMs list, visit GoGreenFinancing.com.
Disclaimer: Southern California Edison Company (SCE) is not making an offer to lend and has no role in reviewing or approving your financing application. If you and a lender enter into a financing arrangement for home or business energy improvements, that arrangement will be entirely between you and the lender, and SCE shall not be liable for the lender’s acts or omissions. ©2018 Southern California Edison. All rights reserved.
Multifamily Program (launch pending)
This loan program offers master-metered multifamily affordable housing property owners the convenience of repaying a loan through their monthly utility bill. That way owners can enjoy the immediate benefit of efficiency improvements while spreading the cost of upgrades out over time. A lower carbon footprint and increased efficiency may also make the property more marketable.
Two new options for financing energy efficiency projects for small business will soon be available.
Small Business Lease Financing (launch pending)
On-Bill and Off-Bill Equipment Lease
Leasing efficient equipment may be a great solution for your business. You can use the Small Business Lease Financing Program to lease eligible equipment with a smaller initial expense. This program features both Off-Bill and On-Bill Repayment options.
On-Bill Repayment Loan (launch pending)
If your small business has had difficulty obtaining financing for efficiency measures and equipment, you may soon be eligible for Small Business On-Bill Repayment. This unique program features credit enhancement to give you more borrowing power, and includes On-Bill Repayment, so you can reduce your energy use and carbon footprint right away, and spread the cost out over time.
Medium & Large Businesses On-Bill Repayment (launch pending)
Larger businesses with efficiency goals will soon have access to Medium & Large Business On-Bill Repayment option. Through this program, businesses which may not qualify for our On-Bill Financing Program can still finance qualifying measures with privately funded loans that are repaid through the convenience of the monthly utility bill.