Site Maintenance Alert
Wind and Fire - Related Outages
Status Update (as of 12:00 p.m., Tuesday)
- As of approximately noon on Tuesday, Oct 16, due to improving weather conditions, there is no longer a need to conduct any Public Safety Power Shutoffs. To protect public safety, SCE was prepared to turn off power to a limited number of circuits where there was a high probability of dangerous high winds in Red Flag fire areas.
- No SCE customers experienced service interruption due to PSPS during the current high wind conditions.
- The National Weather Service has issued Red Flag Warnings through 8 p.m. on Tuesday for Los Angeles, Orange, San Bernardino and Ventura counties.
- The company’s number one priority is to protect public safety as well as the integrity of the system serving customers.
- For information on outages customers can check sce.com/outages. Customers can inquire about outages by calling 800-611-1911.
- If an outage occurs, power will be restored as weather permits and after crews inspect and determine it is safe to re-energize lines.
INSIDE EDISON STORY: High Winds, Low Humidity Bring Fire Weather Watch to SoCal