Energy Saving Tips
Tips to Help You Manage Your Energy Use
Looking for no- to low-cost ways to save energy during hot weather? Here are a few simple tips to help you reduce your energy use:
- Set thermostats no lower than 78 degrees.
- Use electric fans instead of air conditioning when practical.
- Operate swimming pool equipment and energy-intensive appliances, such as dishwashers, washing machines and dryers, during early morning and late evening hours.
- Turn off unused appliances and switch off lights when leaving a room.
- Close drapes and blinds to keep out direct sunlight during hot periods.
- Limit the opening and reopening of refrigerators, which are major users of electricity in most homes.
Get more tips for saving energy this summer at FlexAlert.org
Be Cool About Cooling
Safety First: Emergencies & Outages
Keeping your home and family safe is our top priority. Get acquainted with basic safety precautions. Visit our Outage Center to learn what to do during an outage, and how to prepare for one. And remember to never approach or touch a downed wire—call 911 immediately and stay away.
New: Download our Outage App to report outages and stay abreast of current outages, right on your mobile device. You’ll be able to stay informed even when the power is down.