Changes to SCE Rates
Effective January 1, 2014, these Southern California Edison (SCE) rate factor decreased:
- DWR Energy Credit will decrease for all rates.
Effective January 1, 2014, these SCE rate factor increased:
- The Transmission Owners Tariff Charge Adjustments (TOTCA) will increase slightly for all rates.
- The New System Generation Charge (NSGC) will increase on all rates.
- The DWR Bond Charge will increase on all rates.
Effective January 1, 2014, these SCE rate factors:
- The Distribution charge will increase or decrease on all rates based on tier structure.
- The Public Purpose Program Charge (PPPC) charge will increase or decrease based on tier structure.
- The Transmission charge will increase for most rates.
- Conservation Incentive Adjustment (CIA) will increase or decrease based on tier structure for Domestic rates.
- SCE Gen will increase or decreased based on tier structure.
The actual impact of these rate factor changes on customers’ bills will vary based on energy usage.
California Alternate Rates for Energy (CARE)
SCE’s current and revised CARE Surcharge and CARE Discount Percentage are listed below:
|Rate Component||Rate or Percentage Prior to January 1, 2014||Rate or Percentage as of January 1, 2014|
|CARE Discount for Commercial Accounts||25.3%||26.3%|
*The CARE Surcharge rate is shown in dollars/kWh. All non-CARE, non-Street Lighting customers pay this same amount on an equal dollars/kWh basis.
SCE Business Center
Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
SCE Customer Support
24 Hours, 7 Days per Week