January 2012 Rate Changes
Effective January 1, 2012, the Southern California Edison (SCE) rates listed below changed (increased or decreased) as follows:
- The Transmission charge increased for all rates.
- The Distribution charge changed for CARE Domestic Service (D-CARE), Time-of-Use Electric Vehicle (TOU-EV-1), Time-of-Use Pumping and Agricultural Internal Combustion Engine (TOU-PA-ICE), and Renewable (Option R) rates.
- The California Department of Water Resources (DWR) Bond charge increased for all rates.
- The DWR Power Charge is eliminated for all rates.
- The DWR Energy Credit is a new component for all bundled customers.
- The TOU-PA-ICE tariff has increased.
- Rate Tiers 3 – 5 have increased for all residential rates.
- Rate Tiers 1 and 2 increased for residential non-California Alternate Rates for Energy (CARE) rates. CARE Tier 1 and Tier 2 rates did not change.
- The Conservation Incentive Adjustment (CIA) charge increased for all residential tiered structure rates.
- The Under-collection Contribution (UC) charged decreased for all applicable rates.
- The Transmission Owners Tariff Charge Adjustment (TOTCA) decreased for all rates.
- The Generation total charge increased for TOU-EV-1, Time-of-Use Domestic Tiered Electric Vehicle (TOU-D-TEV), Power Agricultural (PA-1), and TOU-PA-ICE.
- The Public Purpose Programs Charge (PPPC) increased for all rates except D-CARE and Streetlights.
- Edwards Power Displacement Agreement (PDA) is a new factor for Edwards Air Force Base.
California Alternate Rates for Energy (CARE)
SCE’s current and revised CARE Surcharge and CARE Discount Percentage are listed below:
*The CARE Surcharge rate is shown in cents/kWh. All non-CARE, non-Street Lighting customers pay this same amount on an equal cents/kWh basis.
If you have any questions, please contact: