Effective June 1, 2012, the Southern California Edison (SCE) rates listed below changed (increased or decreased) as follows:
- Residential Tiers 3, 4, and 5 increased.
- Residential Tiers 1 and 2 did not change.
- California Alternate Rates for Energy (CARE) Tier 3 increased.
- CARE Tiers 1 and 2 did not change.
- The Distribution charge changed for CARE Domestic Service (D-CARE) and Time-of-Use Electric Vehicle (TOU-EV-1).
- The Department of Water Resources (DWR) Energy Credit increased for all rates.
- The Generation total charge changed for TOU-EV-1, Time-of-Use Domestic Tiered Electric Vehicle (TOU-D-TEV), Time-of-Use Electric Vehicle Demand Metered (TOU-EV-4), and Time-of-Use Agricultural and Pumping Internal Combustion Engine (TOU-PA-ICE) rates, based on tier structure.
- The Conservation Incentive Adjustment (CIA) charge changed for all Residential tier-structured rates.
- The Under-collection Contribution (UC) charge changed for all applicable rates.
- The Transmission Owners Tariff Charge Adjustment (TOTCA) increased for all rates.
- The Public Purpose Programs Charge (PPPC) increased for all rates, except D-CARE and Street Lighting.
- The Competition Transition Charge (CTC) decreased for all applicable rates.
- The Power Charge Indifference Adjustment (PCIA) changed for all applicable rates.
- Maximum available credits for Dual Participation decreased for all applicable rates.
SCE’s current and revised CARE Surcharge and CARE Discount Percentage are listed below: CARE Surcharge and CARE Discount Percentage
*The CARE Surcharge rate is shown in dollars/kWh. All non-CARE, non-Street Lighting customers pay this same amount on an equal dollars/kWh basis.
If you have any questions, please contact: