Effective March 1, 2019 the rate components listed below changed as follows.
- PPPC – for all rates
- NSGC – for all rates
- CIA – for applicable Residential rates
- SCE Gen
- SDP & SDP-O credit - for applicable Residential rates
- GS-APS-E credit - for applicable Residential rates
- TOU-BIP – for all applicable rates
- TOU-AP-I – for all applicable rates
- Dual Participation CAP – for all applicable rates
- CARE Surcharge – for all rates
- CARE Discount % - for all TOU CARE rates
The actual impact of these rate factor changes on the customers’ bill will vary based on energy usage.
California Alternate Rates for Energy (CARE)
SCE’s current and revised CARE Surcharge and CARE Discount Percentage are listed below:
|Rate Component||$/kWh Rate or Percentage Prior to March 1, 2019||$/kWh Rate or Percentage as of March 1, 2019|
|Domestic CARE Surcharge*||0.00507||0.00517|
|CARE Discount for Commercial Accounts||27.7%||28.7%|
*The CARE Surcharge rate is shown in dollars/kWh. All non-CARE, non-Street Lighting customers pay this same amount on an equal dollars/kWh basis.