In June 2018, the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) was signed by Governor Brown and became effective on 1/1/2020. This act allows California residents more control over their personal information. The broad applicability of the law expands the definition of personal information (PI) such as biometric, internet browser history, and geolocation data.
- The right to know what personal information is being collected about you, both by category and specific pieces of information;
- The right to access your information;
- The right to know whether your personal information is being sold or otherwise disclosed and to whom;
- We are prohibited by Public Utilities Code Section 8380(b)(2) from selling customer data.
- The right to have your personal information deleted in certain circumstances.
To request a personal information report or a deletion of your data we may have collected about you, please fill out an online form by selecting the “Submit a Request” button below or call 1-800-655-4555. Once a request is received, SCE will review the information you provided and validate your identity against our records. If your identity is validated and you requested a report, you will receive your report within 45 calendar days of submittal or be notified if an additional 45 days is needed to fulfill your request as stated in the CCPA law. If your identity is validated and you requested data to be deleted, subject to certain exceptions, you will receive a response within 45 days. The record of this deletion will be retained for 4 years.
If you believe SCE’s decision was made in error, you may appeal by either contacting 1-800-655-4555 or email at CCPA@sce.com.