Sign up to receive alerts from SCE about Public Safety Power Shutoff (PSPS) events for a specific ZIP code.
Why should I sign up for these alerts?
These alerts will notify you about possible PSPS events for the requested ZIP code. They may be helpful when you want to stay informed about a ZIP code other than your primary residence.
For example, you may want to sign up for this type of alert if:
- Your landlord or property manager is the account holder for your electric service.
- You are a caretaker for someone who needs electricity for medical needs, but you do not have access to their SCE account information.
- You or your organization provide critical care or services dependent on electricity.
- You are in the area for a vacation or business
While we will send a notification to all recipients in the entire affected ZIP code, typically only some customers within that ZIP code will experience a PSPS Outage. If you are an SCE customer and want to receive notifications for all outages, including more detailed alerts about PSPS events, update your notification preferences in My Account.
Sign Up Now
Note that standard message and data rates apply.
When you enroll, you are confirming that you understand and agree to the following:
- You are authorized to enroll the phone number you provide.
- The request overrides previous “do not contact” requests.
- You must re-enroll every six months and consent to receive text messages for PSPS alerts.
If you have an SCE account, you can sign up for notifications about power outages that may affect your address specifically, instead of an entire ZIP code. These alerts include maintenance and repair power outages as well as PSPS events.