Learn more here.
A small grocery, Valencia Liquor, found that a number of simple measures could add up to a big difference in their bottom line. Taking advantage of rebates for T8 lighting, compact fluorescent lights, strip curtains, and other small refrigeration upgrades, it saved 10% of its energy costs annually. With Time-Of-Use rates and Critical Peak Pricing (CPP) events, it’s the perfect time to learn about this grocery’s energy-saving achievements and apply similar strategies to your business.
Your business has unique energy needs, and we have customized recommendations to help you manage them. Take a survey to get information about your equipment and energy use habits, and then build an energy plan to help you achieve greater energy efficiency and better manage your bottom line.
Several groceries have already taken advantage of energy-efficient equipment. To help your business receive these same cost-efficient benefits, we offer low-interest financing for qualified energy-efficient projects.
Here are just a few of the energy-efficient programs and suggestions that our customers have employed to increase their cost efficiency. You’ll also find more energy-efficient solutions in our Supermarkets Fact Sheet and Small Grocery Fact Sheet and a complete list of all our qualifying energy-efficiency incentives and demand response programs by requesting our Solutions Directory.
Want to explore your clean energy options with SCE? We want to help lower your energy bill and reduce your carbon footprint. Clean energy can help provide the solution.
Help improve your energy efficiency by better managing your lighting costs.
- Use LED bulbs and LED exit signs
- Install dimmable ballasts to lower energy use in fluorescent lamps
- Change refrigeration display case lighting to LEDs, found to be more appealing to customers as well
- Install inexpensive occupancy sensors so lighting goes out automatically in unoccupied areas
Your business may already qualify for incentives that could put these energy-saving upgrades into effect.
Maximize your energy saving by effectively managing your air-conditioning systems.
- Install programmable thermostats
- Install window film and blinds to keep the heat out
- Switch to LED bulbs and decrease the amount of office heat and A/C energy use
- Sign up for HVAC Maintenance
There are many more energy-efficient solutions for your business.
- Purchase new energy-saving equipment that more effectively manages your energy use
- Install refrigeration curtains and auto door closers
- Add temperature controllers and anti-sweat heater controls
- Install nighttime display covers for open coolers
- Upgrade to new, more energy-efficient ENERGY STAR® certified ovens, fryers, steamers, exhaust hoods, and exhaust hood controls for significant energy savings during down times
- Switch to automatic sensor ice machines to turn off during TOU On-Peak hours or larger ones that make ice during TOU Off-Peak hours
- Replace worn seals and gaskets on refrigerator and freezer doors, install automatic door closers
- Install new, water-efficient commercial equipment to minimize water demand
Your business can benefit from even more energy-efficient equipment options.
Receive energy savings by using smart technology that effortlessly and temporarily reduces the amount of energy your business uses (known as “load reduction”) during a DR event. With Auto-DR, load reduction is automatic and reliable, so it’s easier to participate in DR programs to capitalize on program earnings and help lower your energy costs.
- Install equipment that automates electrical load reduction during demand response events and receive Automated Demand Response Technology incentives
Here are some immediate ways to significantly reduce your business energy use.