Nestled in Southern California’s Coachella Valley desert floor, the City of Rancho Mirage faces dual energy-saving challenges: the city’s approximately 18,000 permanent residents have high air conditioning electricity demand when summer temperatures easily top 100ºF; and then the 60,000 to 70,000 “snowbirds” who call the city their home for the winter significantly increase energy demand during the winter months. But the 25-square-mile city is not letting these challenges stop it from taking aggressive steps to save energy and lower its electric bills. With Time-Of-Use rates and Critical Peak Pricing (CPP) events in effect, it’s worth taking advantage of similar energy-saving strategies. Read more.
Your business has unique energy needs, and we have customized recommendations to help you manage them. Take a survey to get information about your equipment and energy use habits, and then build an energy plan to help you achieve greater energy efficiency and better manage your bottom line.
Several government facilities have already taken advantage of energy-efficient equipment. To help your facilities receive these same cost-efficient benefits, we offer low-interest financing for qualified energy-efficient projects.
Here are just a few of the energy programs and suggestions that our customers have employed to increase their cost efficiency. You’ll also find more business solutions in our Government Fact Sheet and a complete list of all our qualifying energy-efficiency incentives and demand response programs by requesting our Solutions Directory.
Want to explore your clean energy options with SCE? We want to help lower your energy bill and reduce your carbon footprint. Clean energy can help provide the solution.
Help improve your energy efficiency by better managing your lighting costs.
- Use LED bulbs and LED exit signs
- Install dimmable ballasts to lower energy use in fluorescent lamps
- Install inexpensive occupancy sensors
- Install sensory controllers on vending machines
Your facilities may already qualify for incentives that could put these energy-saving improvements into effect.
Maximize your energy-saving by effectively managing your air-conditioning systems.
- Install programmable thermostats
- Install window film and blinds to keep the heat out
- Switch to LED bulbs and decrease the amount of building heat and A/C energy use
- Sign up for HVAC Maintenance
There are many more energy-efficient solutions.
Purchase office equipment that more effectively manages your energy use.
- Upgrade to high-efficiency office equipment, including laptops, which use less than a third of the energy of a desktop
- Install load-sensing or occupancy-sensing plug strips to make it easier for your staff to power down
- Install water-conserving toilets and faucets in bathrooms
- Replace older, less water-efficient equipment
- Install new, water-efficient commercial equipment to minimize water demand
- Change process water system to reuse processed wastewater
Your facilities can benefit from even more energy-efficient equipment options.
With these programs, receive bill credits for temporarily reducing energy use upon request during periods of high-energy demand. Choose the ones that best fit your operational needs.
Automated Demand Response (Auto-DR)
Receive energy savings by using smart technology that effortlessly and temporarily reduces the amount of energy your business uses (known as “load reduction”) during a DR event. With Auto-DR, load reduction is automatic and reliable, so it’s easier to participate in DR programs to capitalize on program earnings and help lower your energy costs.
- Install equipment that automates electrical load reduction during demand response events and receive Automated Demand Response Technology incentives.
Here are some immediate ways to significantly reduce your business energy use.