Earning Incentives with Demand Response Programs
Demand Response (DR) programs can help you save energy and money. DR programs provide incentives for reducing electricity use when the electricity demand is high. Learn how Demand Response programs contribute to a clean energy future and the impact these programs can make during emergencies.
Why Participate in Demand Response?
The cleanest, most sustainable energy is the energy we never use.
How It Works
When it’s hot the demand for energy increases.
We notify you to reduce electricity.
You reduce usage or permit us to reduce it for you.
You receive compensation for helping us.
How We Notify You
Our free Demand, Response Alerts app ensures you’ll receive courtesy notifications about upcoming DR events straight to your smartphone. Visit our app information page to sign up for alerts and never miss a savings opportunity.
Or download the free app directly.
Our Residential Demand Response Programs
Maximize your energy savings while preserving and protecting power for everyone. Choose the DR program that fits your needs.
- Earn up to $160 in summer bill credits.
- Requires central A/C system to qualify.
- SCE automatically cycles your A/C off and on during SDP events to conserve electricity in exchange for bill credits.
- Enrolling in an "override" program option allows you to opt out of up to 5 SDP events per year.
- You’ll earn monthly bill credits from June 1 through Sept. 30.
- Read the Summer Discount Plan Terms & Conditions, & Disclaimer.
- Earn a one-time $75 sign-up credit and up to $40 in annual bill credits when maintaining enrollment from June 1 through Sept. 30.
- Requires qualifying smart thermostat with central A/C system.
- SCE automatically adjusts your smart thermostat by up to four degrees during SEP events to save energy.
- You may override events at any time by re-adjusting the temperature on the thermostat.
- Read the Smart Energy Program Terms & Conditions, & Disclaimer.
- Earn an average of $20 in bill credits yearly.
- Reduce electricity use during PSR program events between 4 p.m. and 9 p.m., May 1 through Oct. 31.
- Bill credits are awarded at the start of each year.
- No penalty for not participating in PSR program events; the more you save the more you earn.
- Read the Power Saver Rewards Program Terms and Conditions.
Disclaimer: Incentives are based on typical customer program savings and may vary based on actual load reduction during Power Saver Rewards event(s) and the actual number of events. The Power Saver Rewards program is funded by Southern California Edison customers and administered by Southern California Edison, as ordered by the California Public Utilities Commission.
$20 per summer season assumes 0.5 kW per hour x 5 hours/event = 2.5 kWh/event x $1/kWh = $2.50/event x 8 events per season (based upon the number of Flex Alerts in 2021) = $20 each Power Saver Rewards summer season.
Use of Circuit Breakers During DR Events
Additional Savings Programs
The following third parties also supply DR services to help you manage and lower home energy use.*