My Account Online Services
Terms & Conditions
You may use Southern California Edison Company’s (SCE) online My Account service system only if you are a customer of SCE, properly register a user name and password, and agree to these Terms and Conditions.
- General. SCE’s online My Account service allows you to view your current SCE account data, historical payments, billing dates and amounts, historical energy usage data, as well as near real-time interval energy usage data through Energy Manager Basic (for eligible customers), via the Internet. By accepting below or otherwise using My Account, you represent that you are the customer of record for the SCE customer account or service account that you are enrolling in or that is enrolled in My Account, or duly authorized to act on behalf of, and with the express consent of, the customer of record; and that you agree to the Terms and Conditions of this agreement (“Agreement”).
My Account is subject to SCE’s filed tariffs and to such changes or modifications by the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) as it may from time to time direct in the exercise of its jurisdiction.
- Eligibility. To use My Account, you must have an open, eligible SCE account, be properly enrolled in My Account, and be able to access and retain electronic documents over the Internet. SCE reserves the unqualified right to accept or decline to accept an application to enroll in My Account.
- Your Password. You must use a username and password (“Password”) to access My Account. Your Password has the same effect as your written signature in connection with My Account and can be used to access your SCE account information. Your Password must be kept confidential at all times and should not be provided to any other party. You are responsible for keeping your Password confidential and protecting it against improper and unauthorized use. You are solely responsible for any and all transactions, entries or instructions initiated through the use of your Password, and any and all claims, losses, damages, expenses and costs incurred by the improper or unauthorized use of your Password and/or the use of your Password by others. If you believe that your Password has been lost or stolen, that someone has improperly accessed your My Account account without your permission, or that the security of your Password has been compromised in any way, please contact SCE immediately. You may also reset your Password online by selecting “Change My Password” from any screen within My Account, or contacting SCE as provided in the “Notices to SCE” Section below. If you have forgotten your username and/or Password, online reminder capabilities are available to assist you in remembering them by selecting “Forgot My Username or Password” from the Log-In screen.
- Availability. My Account is designed to be available to you seven days a week, 24 hours a day, and SCE will endeavor to update account balance and activity information daily. However, SCE shall not be liable for your inability to receive electronic messages or to access My Account, or for SCE’s delay in updating or failure to update any information, for whatever reason.
- Payment of SCE Bill(s). It is your sole responsibility to pay your SCE bill(s) on time to avoid late fees, collection activity or disconnection of electric service.
- Contact Information. As a user of My Account, it is your responsibility to ensure that your contact and other required information such as your name and email address is current, accurate, and updated promptly. Changes to your contact and other information can be made online by selecting “Update Your Profile” from any screen within My Account.
- Fees. SCE does not charge you any fees for using My Account.
SCE reserves the right to begin charging fees for My Account (or the services offered therein) after reasonable notice is provided to customers using My Account.
- Termination. You may choose to cancel your My Account service at any time with no fee. If you wish to discontinue using My Account, you may cancel online by selecting “Cancel My Account Service” from any screen within My Account or by sending a cancellation notice to the address shown below under “Notices to SCE”. Generally, within ten (10) days of SCE’s receipt of your request, termination will be effective.
SCE reserves the right to discontinue My Account and/or suspend or terminate your access to My Account, without notice, at any time and for any reason. SCE will attempt to provide you with prior notice of discontinuance, suspension or termination of My Account by posting at SCE’s website (“Wbsite”) or otherwise sending notice, but SCE shall not be liable for any failure to do so.
- Notices to SCE. Please direct all correspondence to the following e-mail address:email@example.com. You may also contact us at:
Southern California Edison Company
Attn: Online My Account
PO Box 6400, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91729
Telephone: 1-800-409-2365, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific Standard Time (excluding holidays).
- Amendments. The terms of My Account and of this Agreement may be modified or amended by SCE from time to time. In such event, SCE will provide notice to you in accordance with applicable law, which may be accomplished by posting such change on SCE’s Website. Any use of My Account after SCE provides you with a notice of change will constitute your agreement to such change(s). You may terminate this Agreement if you do not agree with any such amendments.
- Assignment. You may not assign this Agreement to any other party.
- Governing Law. This Agreement shall be governed by the law of the State of California without regard to its conflicts of laws provisions.
- Disclaimer of Warranties. SCE’s Website and any content, information, software, functions and applets provided on or through the Website are made available on an “as is” and “as available” basis. SCE does not warrant that the Website or any content or services provided in connection with the Website, including My Account, will be timely, secure, uninterrupted, or error-free, or that defects in the Website or in any content or services provided through the Website, including My Account, as may exist from time to time, will be corrected. SCE will not be responsible for errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects or delays in the operation of or transmission of data through the Website, any services, including My Account, or related content, including those due to communication line failures, or computer viruses associated with the operation of the Website. SCE MAKES NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO SCE’S WEBSITE OR MY ACCOUNT, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE TO USE SCE’S WEBSITE AND MY ACCOUNT AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
- Limitation of Liability. SCE, its affiliates or subsidiaries, and their officers, directors, employees, agents, successors, or assigns, will not be liable to you or any third party for any indirect, consequential, incidental, exemplary, special or punitive damages (including without limitation, damages resulting from lost data, lost profits, or costs of procurement of substitute products or services) arising out of or in connection with My Account. In no event will the liability of SCE, its affiliates or subsidiaries, or their officers, directors, employees, agents, successors, or assigns, under any theory of liability (whether in contract, tort, strict liability, or otherwise) exceed $500, regardless of whether such parties have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- Use of Electronic Communication. By accepting below or otherwise using My Account, you also agree that any and all notices, disclosures and communications regarding My Account between you and SCE, including this Agreement, may be made electronically, including by SCE posting to its Website in accordance with applicable law. Any electronic notice, disclosure or communication SCE makes will be considered made when transmitted by SCE.
- Privacy of Information. You acknowledge that SCE will receive certain personal, private and/or confidential information in connection with your use of My Account; and that absent your express authorization, SCE will not rent, sell or otherwise make available to any third party for any reason any of this information that personally identifies you or your SCE account, other than to provide My Account services or to comply with applicable laws or regulations, including CPUC or court orders.
For more information, please see SCE’s online Privacy Notice. A link to SCE’s online Privacy Notice is located at the bottom of each page of sce.com.
By checking the box for "I have read and agree to terms and conditions" you are providing a symbol of your signature that the information you have provided is true and correct; that you have read, understand, accept and agree to the terms of this Agreement; and constitutes your representation that you are duly authorized to bind the customer to these Terms and Conditions. You may print this Agreement for your records using the print feature of your browser.