Are you a residential or business customer interested in supplementing the electricity provided by Southern California Edison? Are you interested in adopting a greener life-style?
SCE offers several programs to help you generate your own power (become a “self-generator”). Self-generation allows SCE customers to produce electricity using equipment they (or a third party) own and operate to meet some or all of their energy needs.
SCE encourages self-generation because it:
- Reduces customers electric bills
- Fosters the use of renewable energy sources
- Helps California meet its energy goals
- Lessens the need to construct additional energy infrastructure
- Helps the environment
- Adds value to your home or business
References and additional information regarding options for self-generation are described below.
DISCLAIMER: The guidelines in this section are provided with the intent to help SCE’s customers understand SCE’s Interconnection Procedures. However, in the case of discrepancies with SCE’s rules, such tariffs and regulations will prevail.