To support California’s zero-emission policies, the Charge Ready Program is making the installation of electric vehicle (EV) charging stations easier and more cost effective for businesses and properties in our service territory. Due to overwhelming interest and limited program funding, the Charge Ready Program is now only accepting applications from multifamily properties. Submit your multifamily property application today using the link below, and an SCE Account Representative will contact you to walk you through the next steps. Find out more with our Charge Ready Program Fact Sheet.
- Qualify as a non-residential customer
- Meet the program's guidelines for existing and future EV adoption
- Own, lease, or operate a site that provides long dwell-time parking (where cars are typically parked for four hours or more)
- Provide a grant of easement by the property owner
- Deliver proof of purchase of qualified charging equipment
- Your Customer Account Number and Service Account Number, if you are currently an SCE customer
- Federal Tax ID Number
- County Tax Assessor Parcel Number (if applicable)
- Name of the Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ) to issue building permit approvals (if applicable)
- Proposed charging station location for site (optional)
- PDF of property site plan (optional)
- Civil plan, aka base map, with existing utilities (optional)
We offer rate schedules specifically designed for businesses to charge electric vehicles. Learn more here.
The Charge Ready Quarterly Reports provide status of the program’s execution. Topics include customer outreach and enrollment, charging station qualification, EV charging load, and program operations.
Prepare your business for the future with the Charge Ready Transport Program. We'll work with your business or organization to install the charging infrastructure needed to electrify your medium- and heavy-duty fleet vehicles - at no cost to you. Qualifying businesses or organizations may also receive rebates to cover the cost of purchasing electric vehicle charging stations.