Weather Update (As of 7:15 a.m.)
Lakeview Substation Project
SCE is building a new substation to serve the communities of Lakeview and Nuevo as well as adjacent unincorporated areas of Riverside County. The Nuevo substation, which currently provides power to the area, has reached its full operating capacity and will be unable to keep up with the area’s growing demand for electricity. The project will strengthen the area’s electricity grid and improve reliability to help meet forecasted electrical demand.
Lakeview/Nuevo and other unincorporated areas of Riverside County
The Lakeview Substation will include the following components:
- Construction of a new 115/12 kV substation;
- Installation of new 115 kV sub-transmission lines;
- Construction of up to three new underground 12 kV distribution getaways; and
- Installation of new fiber optic cable and communications equipment to connect the proposed Lakeview Substation to our existing telecommunication system.
Project is completed and in-service.
- Fall 2010: We filed project application with the CPUC.
- January 2012: Draft environmental impact report released for review.
- September 2013: CPUC approved project.
- October 2014: Began construction on project.
- November 2015: Project completed and in-service.