Usage Data at Your Fingertips
Green Button is the capability that allows utility customers to securely access or share their energy usage data. There are two ways you can access this data, depending on what you intend to do with the information. Green Button Connect My Data allows you to securely transfer your energy usage data to a Third Party Vendor. For example, if you’ve recently purchased a smart device that requires a service provider, also known as a Third Party, to have access to your usage data, Green Button Connect My Data allows you to transfer the data that only you can authorize. If you simply want to access your usage data to keep for personal records, Green Button Download My Data is the option for you. Below are simple steps to help you share your data, or to access the data for your records.
How to Access Your Usage Data
You have access to your data, to keep for your records at any time, by following these simple steps:
- Log In to My Account
- Scroll down the page and click on the bottom left ‘Green Button Download My Data’ Icon
- By clicking on that icon, you will be routed to a page where it will ask you to select a date range, choose the format in which you’d like your data provided, and select the Service Account you’d like data for
- Input the requested information and then click on Download
- The file should be in your Downloads folder on your desktop or laptop
How to Share Your Usage Data
Select the Third Party Vendor that you would like to authorize to have access to your data usage. You will be able to choose what type of data they will receive and the duration they will have access to it. Follow these simple steps to authorize a Third Party Vendor of your choice:
- Log In to My Account
- Select the Data Sharing tab
- Click on the green Authorize a Third Party button
- Download and read the Terms and Conditions – If you agree, select the green Continue button
- Select the Third Party Vendor of your choice, and continue following the next steps
To Stop Sharing Your Data
You can stop sharing your data to a third party by revoking your authorization at any time.
Data Authorization Frequently Asked Questions
You can authorize the third party to access specific or all data categories depending on the services the Third Party is providing. The categories of data are:
- Billing Information
- Meter Information
- Interval Energy Usage Data (How much energy you use and at what times of the day you use it)
- Program Participation Data* (What programs you are signed up for with us)
- Customer Information (Your name, address, contact information, etc)
*Programs include: CPB, SDP, PTR-ET-DLC, CPP, CPPL, CPPLADR, SLRP, AP-I, GS-APS-E, OBMC, TOU-BIP
You can choose how often and the duration of time that the approved Third Party Vendor will receive your data. It can be sent daily, monthly, or yearly for a set amount of time or indefinitely.
The Green Button Connect My Data program utilizes industry-standard Application Program Interfaces (APIs) to share your data with the Third Party Vendor that you authorize. The authorized Third Party Vendor will only be sent the specific data categories authorized by you. Unless you choose to authorize the Third Party to access your Customer Information, one of the 5 data categories available, no personal identifying information will be shared.
You can either choose a specified amount of time for which the selected Third Party Vendor can access your data, or you can choose to leave the authorization period open.
All customers are eligible to participate.
There is no cost to use the Green Button Connect My Data program.
Are You a Third Party Vendor?>
Learn more about how to become an authorized Third Party Vendor to gain access to customer usage data, your own Third Party portal page and more.