Maximize Your Incentives with Automated Load Reduction.
With Automated Demand Response (Auto-DR), you can automatically reduce your energy load during a Demand Response (DR) event when energy costs can be high. It’s an easy way to save energy, money, and time.
An easy way to save energy is through our Auto-DR Program. It’s based on a technology that automates load reduction during a Demand Response (DR) Event. So, when you enroll in a Qualifying DR Program, you’ll benefit by maximizing your participation and capitalizing on program earnings with little or no effort.
Auto-DR is easy to use. Plus, it’s flexible and gives you complete control over your operations. First, decide on your load reduction strategy. Then input the actions you want to take into your energy management system (EMS) or other load control devices.
When a DR event is called, a signal is sent to your EMS. Your device will understand and follow your preprogrammed settings. If you need to adjust those settings or override them during an event, you can do that, too. You have total control.
“...now we have new information and options, and we can monitor our equipment and decide what to use. Our EMS gives us flexibility and more!”
President at West American Rubber Co.
Customized Control Incentives help you enjoy the full benefits of Auto-DR. We’ll pay whichever is less — either $200 per kW of verified load reduction or 75% of actual eligible qualifying1 equipment and installation costs. Your incentives are based on the Auto-DR measured and verified (M&V) load reduction.
- Lighting controls, motors, pumps, fans, air compressors, process equipment, and HVAC
- Thermostats and other temperature control devices that are able to receive Auto-DR signals
- Some load control software and hardware
- Plus, much more
“We knew we wanted to have that powerful tool at our disposal. By automating the most important part of our process and reducing energy, we’re lowering costs and going green.”
Operations Manager at Four Star Fruit
Ready to participate in Auto-DR? Just meet the following requirements and you can be on your way.
- Be a current SCE business customer
- Be enrolled in and meet the requirements of one or more Qualifying DR Programs:
- Capacity Bidding Program (CBP)
- Critical Peak Pricing (CPP)
- Real-Time Pricing (RTP)
- Demand Response Auction Mechanism (DRAM) Pilot
- Have an installed interval or Edison SmartConnect® meter with interval data features enabled
- Large Retail
- Office Buildings
- If you want to earn Auto-DR Customized Control Incentives, your facility must:
- Be a bundled service, Direct Access, Community Choice Aggregation, or Community Aggregation customer
- Have purchased and installed new qualifying demand-response solutions
- Enroll and/or remain enrolled in a Qualifying DR Program for at least 36 to 60 months2 after you receive the first control incentive payment
Participants have two options for receiving incentive payments:
Option 1 - Participants receive these incentives in two installments — 60% of the incentive after installation and verification and then up to 40% after actively participating for 12 months (requires 36 months of enrollment in a qualifying DR program).
Option 2 - Participants receive 100% of the incentive up-front, upon verification and testing of the ADR control equipment (requires 60 months of enrollment in a qualifying DR program).