Lee Vining (Poole) Powerhouse
Southern California Edison is beginning the relicensing process for the Lee Vining Hydroelectric Project. Please use this page to find out how to get involved and stay up to date.
- Upcoming Meetings
- Stay Informed
- Project Description and Materials
- Technical Working Groups
- TWG Materials
- Past Public Meeting Materials
- Contact Us
There are no upcoming meetings at this time.
- In-Person Site Visit: September 28, 2021 from 9:00AM - 4:00PM PST.
- We recommend you review the Project Description and Materials before the site visit. A printable set of Project Maps is available here .
- All participants should meet at the Gus Hess Community Park located at 129 Mattly Avenue, Lee Vining, CA.
- Participants are responsible for their own transportation as well as food, water, and other supplies including appropriate outdoor clothing and footwear.
- Persons planning to participate in the site visit or with questions about it should contact Matthew Woodhall of SCE at 626-302-9596 or Matthew.Woodhall@sce.com on or before September 21, 2021
- Virtual Joint Agency Meeting (JAM): November 16, 2021 at 9:00AM - 1:00PM PST. Join using this Teams link
If you are interested in participating in the relicensing proceeding, please complete the Contact Registration Form and Project Questionnaire. This will ensure you are included on the distribution list and will receive future relicensing communications and meeting notifications.
Below are links to project-related materials, notifications, and documentation (provided as PDFs). All documents related to the Lee Vining Project can also be found on FERC’s eLibrary. This page will be updated throughout the relicensing process as new materials become available or are updated.
Register online here to be notified via e-mail of new FERC filings and issuances related to the Lee Vining Project. Follow the online instructions and subscribe to docket number P-1388.
Project Description, Materials, & Current FERC License
Below are links to Project-related materials, notifications, and documentation (provided as PDFs). All documents related to the Lee Vining Project can also be found on FERC’s eLibrary. This page will be updated throughout the relicensing process as new materials become available or are updated.
- Project Description
- Project Overview Map
- Printable Project Map Book
- Relicensing Calendar
- USFWS Information, Planning, and Consultation (IPaC) System Report (ran April 2020)
- Project Flyover Video
- FERC Environmental Assessment (12/30/1992)
- Current FERC License (2/4/1997)
- Select Orders Amending the 1997 License:
Technical Working Groups (TWG)
The TWG process is open to all interested parties including public agencies, Native American tribes, and not-for-profit organizations, as well as individuals. Participants are expected to make a significant time commitment to prepare for and attend meetings, review documents, and provide technical input to SCE and its consultants on methods, analysis, and interpretation in a timely fashion. In light of this time commitment, it is expected that the TWG process will attract a relatively small number of subject matter experts. SCE will also support a concurrent but separate outreach effort to provide information about the relicensing to the interested public as well as stakeholders electing not to participate in the TWG process via electronic communication and updates to the Project website.
For additional information on the TWG process, see the TWG Charter Document in the Project Materials list below.
To be included in the TWG process please contact Carissa Shoemaker at email@example.com.
Below are links to TWG-related materials, notifications, and documentation (provided as PDFs). These links will be updated throughout the relicensing process as new materials become available or are updated.
Past Public Meeting Materials
- October 6, 2020 Public Meeting Presentation
|Wayne Allen||SCE||Principal Manager||1515 Walnut Grove Ave. Rosemead, CA firstname.lastname@example.org||626-302-9741|
|Matthew Woodhall||SCE||Project Lead||1515 Walnut Grove Ave. Rosemead, CA email@example.com||626-302-9596|
|Lyle Laven||SCE||Production Manager Eastern Operations (Bishop/Mono Basin)||Bishop Hydro Offices Plant 4 Bishop CA firstname.lastname@example.org||760-873-0724|
|Kelly Wolcott||FERC||FERC D.C.||email@example.com||202-502-6480|