Currently there are no major outage events.
This page is updated only when there is a major outage event in which we are unable to provide customers with estimated restoration times. When there is such an event in our service territory, customers can come to this page to find the latest information about the event.
For all other outages, customers can get updates and find estimated restoration times via our outage map.
- The safety of customers and employees remains a top priority of SCE.
- Power outages in the area may impact traffic signals so motorists should use extreme caution and treat all intersections as four-way-stops.
- Use flashlights instead of candles which pose a significant fire hazard.
- If you see a downed power line, do not touch it or anything in contact with it. Call 911 immediately.
- Remember to check emergency supplies to be sure you have a battery-operated radio, a flashlight and fresh batteries.
- If you’re in a vehicle with a fallen power line on it, stay in the vehicle and remain calm until help arrives. It is OK to use your cellphone to call 911. If you must leave the vehicle, remember to exit away from downed power lines and exit by jumping from the vehicle and landing with both feet together. You must not touch the vehicle and the ground at the same time. Then proceed away from the vehicle by shuffling and not picking up your feet until you are several yards away.
- If you use a generator, place it outdoors and plug individual appliances directly into it, using a heavy-duty extension cord. Connecting generators directly to household circuits creates “backfeed,” which is dangerous to repair crews. Please consult the manufacturer’s manual for operating the generator.