The Energy Savings Assistance program is designed to help you conserve energy and save money. Income-qualified customers may be eligible to receive energy-efficient appliances at no charge or a minimal charge.
- In some instances, a copayment may be required.
- If you qualify, we’ll cover the costs—including installation—of new energy-efficient appliances.
At this time, participation in the Energy Savings Assistance program is currently waitlisted due to limited funding. Interested customers may call 1-800-736-4777 to provide their information should funding become available. Customers may be contacted for enrollment and assessment scheduling.
Does Your Household Qualify?
To be eligible for the program, you must meet the qualifications:
- Be a homeowner or renter who receives electric services through a residential meter
- Have an active SCE service account
- Meet the program eligibility requirements, including the installation requirements
- Meet either of the qualifications listed below
You can easily see if you're eligible. There are two ways to qualify:
Option 1: Public Assistance Programs
|You can qualify for the ESA Program if you or someone in your home participates in at least one of the eligible public assistance programs listed below.|
You can also qualify if you meet the income guideline qualifications listed in the chart in Option 2.
Option 2: Household Income
Maximum Household Income
|Number of Persons in Household||Total Combined Annual Income|
|1||Up to $33,975|
|2||Up to $45,775|
|3||Up to $57,575|
|4||Up to $69,375|
|5||Up to $81,175|
|6||Up to $92,975|
|7||Up to $104,775|
|8||Up to $116,575|
|Each additional person||$11,800|
|Upper Limit Calculation = 250% of Federal Poverty Guidelines|
For more information please call 1-800-736-4777, Monday through Friday 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
This program is funded by California utility customers and administered by Southern California Edison under the auspices of the California Public Utilities Commission.