The Royal Vista Golf Club received a $1,000 cash incentive to upgrade to a more energy-efficient oven. They reduced their annual energy use by 18,000k kWh and saved $2,000 in its annual energy bill. With Time-Of-Use rates and Critical Peak Pricing (CPP) events in effect, it’s worth taking advantage of similar energy-saving strategies for your business.
Several restaurants have already taken advantage of energy-efficient equipment. To help your business receive these same cost-efficient benefits, we offer low-interest financing for qualified energy-efficient projects.
Here are just a few of the energy-efficient programs and suggestions that our customers have employed to increase their cost efficiency. You’ll also find more energy-efficient solutions in our Small Restaurant Fact Sheet and Institutional Food Service Fact Sheet, and a complete list of all our qualifying energy-efficiency incentives and demand response programs by requesting our Solutions Directory
Want to explore your clean energy options with SCE? We want to help lower your energy bill and reduce your carbon footprint. Clean energy can help provide the solution.
Help improve your energy efficiency by better managing your lighting costs.
- Install inexpensive occupancy sensors
- Use LED bulbs and LED exit signs
- Install dimmable ballasts to lower energy use in fluorescent lamps
- Install sensory controllers on vending machines
- Upgrade to new generation T8 lamps and fixtures
Your business may already qualify for incentives that could put these energy-saving improvements into effect.
Replace energy-guzzling used equipment with new, more efficient equipment to quickly add benefits to your bottom line. Upgrade to more energy-efficient ENERGY STAR® certified deck ovens, fryers, griddles, steamers, and exhaust hoods.
- Install refrigeration curtains and auto door closers on walk-ins and freezers
- Switch to automatic sensor ice machines that turn off during TOU On-Peak hours
- Replace worn seals and gaskets on refrigerator and freezer doors
- Use night covers on both vertical and horizontal display cases
Your business can benefit from even more energy-efficient equipment options.
Maximize your energy saving by effectively managing your air-conditioning systems.
- Install programmable thermostats
- Install window film and blinds to keep the heat out
- Switch to LED bulbs and decrease the amount of office heat and A/C energy use
- Sign up for HVAC Maintenance
There are many more energy-efficient solutions for your business.
With these programs, receive bill credits for temporarily reducing energy use upon request during periods of high-energy demand. Choose the ones that best fit your operational needs.
Receive energy savings by using smart technology that effortlessly and temporarily reduces the amount of energy your business uses (known as “load reduction”) during a DR event. With Auto-DR, load reduction is automatic and reliable, so it’s easier to participate in DR programs to capitalize on program earnings and help lower your energy costs.
- Install equipment that automates electrical load reduction during demand response events and receive Automated Demand Response Technology incentives
Here are some immediate ways to significantly reduce your business energy use.