Save up to $115 with a Smart Thermostat
Enroll your qualifying smart thermostat in our Smart Energy Program to get up to $115 in bill credits when you participate in program energy events.
A smart thermostat connects your heating and cooling systems to your smartphone, smart speaker, or other device. Depending on the thermostat, you can schedule your temperature settings, change the temperature remotely, and set reminders for scheduled maintenance. Some smart thermostats also use machine learning to understand your heating and cooling preferences and then adjust your settings based on those learnings.
Once you’ve enrolled, the program is designed to take care of itself:
- During an SCE energy event, we notify your smart thermostat provider to temporarily adjust the temperature setting on your thermostat up to four degrees higher to limit A/C usage in your home
- You always can re-adjust the temperature during called events
- Overriding the automated upward adjustment of your thermostat could affect your ongoing enrollment status4
- Read our Terms & Conditions, and SEP Disclaimer
By participating, you’re doing more than saving energy and earning bill credits. The Smart Energy Program also:
- Reduces your carbon footprint
- Makes your home more energy-efficient
- Helps reduce demand on the grid
For additional frequently asked questions, program details, and eligibility requirements, visit our Help Center.