Learn more here.
06/15/2015 (Version 1.0)
Home and Business Area Network Device Registration
Terms and ConditionsV1.0
If you are a customer of Southern California Edison Company (SCE) and you agree to the Terms and Conditions below, you may submit an online request or paper application to "pair" or "provision" (register) a Home or Business Area Network device to the SCE smart meter (meter):
- SCE will make a reasonable effort to register your device to the SCE smart meter. However, SCE cannot guarantee successful registration of every device due to factors that may be beyond SCE's control, including, but not limited to, the distance between your device and the meter, incompatibility of the device with the meter, and physical or technical barriers between the device and the meter.
- While SCE will open its meter for secure "registration" with your device - which security connection is consistent with Smart Energy Profile Standard 1.0/1.1 - SCE is not responsible for troubleshooting problems with the device itself that prevent or hinder connectivity.
- SCE is not responsible for providing technical support for your home or business area network, nor is it responsible for identifying or resolving technical problems stemming from your side of meter, including connection with router(s), wireless network(s), internet or television cables, telephones, or other electronic devices.
- SCE is not responsible for the effect(s), if any, of your home or business area network device on other devices in or near your home.
- Pursuant to California Public Utilities Code Section 8380(f), should you decide to disclose your consumption data to a third party, SCE shall not be responsible for the security of that data, or its use or misuse.
- Should your device be successfully registered with the SCE meter, SCE does not guarantee uninterrupted transmission of meter data to the device.
- Should you wish to terminate the connection between the SCE meter and your "registered" device, please contact SCE to facilitate proper disconnection. Simply unplugging the device may not extinguish its ability to communicate with the meter, and receive usage data, if and when it is plugged in again.
- To preserve the safety and integrity of SCE's system, SCE may decide, in its sole discretion and without advanced notice, to terminate the connection between your device(s) and the SCE meter.
- The terms of this Agreement may be modified or amended by SCE from time to time. In such event, SCE will provide notice to you in accordance with applicable law, which may be accomplished by posting such change on SCE's website. Any registration of current or future devices to the SCE meter will constitute your agreement to such change(s). You may terminate this Agreement if you do not agree with any such amendments.
- Limitation on Liability and Indemnity: SCE and its officers, directors, employees, successors or assigns, will not be liable to you or any third party for any damages (including without limitation, damages resulting from lost data, lost profits, or costs of procurement of substitute products or services) arising out of or in connection with SCE's successful or unsuccessful attempt to register your device to the SCE smart meter.
Your electronic agreement is a symbol that you have read, understand, accept and agree to the terms of this Agreement, and constitutes your representation that you are duly authorized to bind the customer to these Terms and Conditions.