03/13/2023 (Version 1.1)
Online Billing, Online Payment, Direct Payment Terms & Conditions
You may use Southern California Edison Company's (SCE) online services — Online Billing, Online Payment and Direct Payment (collectively referred to as SCE's "Online Services") — offered through SCE's online My Account service system, only if you are a customer of SCE, properly register a user name and password, and agree to these Terms and Conditions.
- General.SCE currently offers Online Payment, Online Billing and Direct Payment through its online My Account service system. SCE's Online Billing service ("Online Billing") allows you to view your SCE bill via the Internet.
SCE's Online Payment service ("Online Payment") allows you to pay your SCE bill via the Internet.
SCE's Direct Payment service ("Direct Payment") allows you to pay your SCE bill via automatic debit from your bank account each month, ten (10) days after your bill is generated.
By accepting below or otherwise using Online Billing, Online Payment, and/or Direct Payment, you represent that you are the customer of record for the SCE customer account or service account that you are enrolling in or that is enrolled in Online Payment, Online Billing and/or Direct Payment, or duly authorized to act on behalf of, and with the express consent of, the customer of record; and that you agree to the Terms and Conditions of this agreement ("Agreement").
SCE's Online Services are subject to SCE's filed tariffs and to such changes or modifications by the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) as it may from time to time direct in the exercise of its jurisdiction.
- Eligibility. To use any of SCE's Online Services, you must have an open, eligible SCE account, be properly enrolled in Online Billing, Online Payment and/or Direct Payment, and be able to access and retain electronic documents over the Internet. The following additional eligibility requirements also apply:
- Online Billing: At this time, SCE is not able to transmit electronic copies of customer bills to more than one location. Therefore, you will not be eligible to enroll in Online Billing if you are enrolled in another bill-presentment service that is not administered by SCE, which receives an electronic version of your bill from SCE.
- Online Payment: If you enroll in Online Payment, you may not pay your SCE bill through SCE's Direct Payment service, which automatically deducts your payment from your bank account. Additionally, if SCE determines that your bill(s) may only be paid with cash, you are not eligible for Online Payment.
- Direct Payment: If you enroll in Direct Payment, you may not pay your bill through SCE's Online Payment service, which allows you to pay your bill via the Internet. Additionally, if SCE determines that your bill(s) may only be paid with cash, you are not eligible for Direct Payment.
- Your Password. You must use a user name and password ("Password") to access SCE's Online Services. Your Password has the same effect as your written signature in connection with SCE's Online Services and can be used to access your bill, and if you are enrolled in Online Payment or Direct Payment, can be used to access money in your bank account. Your Password must be kept confidential at all times and should not be provided to any other party. You are responsible for keeping your Password confidential and protecting it against improper and unauthorized use. You are solely responsible for any and all transactions, entries or instructions initiated through the use of your Password, and any and all claims, losses, damages, expenses and costs incurred by the improper or unauthorized use of your Password and/or the use of your Password by others. If you believe that your Password has been lost or stolen, that someone has improperly accessed your account for SCE's Online Services without your permission, or that the security of your Password has been compromised in any way, please contact SCE immediately. You may also reset your Password online by selecting "Change My Password" from any screen within My Account or by contacting SCE as provided in the "Notices to SCE" Section below. If you have forgotten your user name or Password, online reminder capabilities are available to assist you in remembering them by selecting "Forgot My Username or Password" from the Log-In screen.
- Availability. SCE's Online Services are designed to be available seven days a week, 24 hours a day, and SCE will endeavor to update account balance and activity information daily. However, SCE shall not be liable for any failure to send electronic notifications concerning your bill, for your inability to receive electronic messages or to access SCE's Online Services, or for SCE's delay in updating or failure to update any information, for whatever reason.
- Payment of SCE Bill(s). It is your sole responsibility to pay your SCE bill(s) on time to avoid late fees, collection activity or disconnection of electric service.
- Notices from SCE for Online Billing. If enrolled in Online Billing, SCE will send you an email message one (1) time per each billing period notifying you that your current bill is available for viewing online. You will not receive a paper bill through the mail for any SCE account that you enroll in Online Billing. The electronic bill may include an overdue notice for your previous bill if your previous bill is still unpaid at the time the current bill is sent to you via the Internet. Notices of discontinuance will continue to be provided pursuant to SCE's filed tariffs.
- Bank Account. To use Online Payment or Direct Payment, you must designate an eligible deposit or other asset account ("Bank Account") at a bank or other eligible financial institution (your "Financial Institution") from which payments will be made (and for Direct Payment, from which automatic monthly payments will be made). You agree that, by scheduling a payment from your Bank Account, you authorize SCE to initiate debit entries to your Bank Account in such amount(s), and to initiate any debit or credit entries to your Bank Account necessary to correct any error in a payment. You also must authorize your Financial Institution to debit or credit your Bank Account in the amount of such payments or corrections. You agree that you have all necessary right, power, and authority to authorize each such payment. This authorization shall remain in full force and effect until SCE has received notice from you of your termination of such authorization in such time and in such manner as to afford SCE and your Financial Institution reasonable opportunity to act on it.
- Payment Amount Limitations. For Online Payment or Direct Payment, the amount of funds you may use is limited by the amount of available funds you have in your Bank Account, including any available overdraft protection you may have with your Financial Institution. In addition, with respect to Online Payment only, the amount of funds you may use to pay your bill per payment is limited to the greater of $500 or twelve (12) times the current balance owed, unless your are enrolled in SCE's Level Pay Plan, in which case the per payment limitation of $500 does not apply. You agree to maintain sufficient funds in your Bank Account to satisfy your bill payments and that SCE will have no obligation to complete a transaction if sufficient funds are not available. You also understand and agree that access to your Bank Account may also be limited by your agreement(s) with your Financial Institution governing the Bank Account and by applicable law and regulations.
- Payment Processing for Online Payment. Payments made through Online Payment before 6:00 p.m. Pacific Standard Time, 7 days a week(including holidays), will be credited to your SCE account the same day. Payments made after 6:00 p.m. Pacific Standard Time, will be credited to your account the following day. You are solely responsible for making payments sufficiently prior to the due date, and you are solely responsible for any late fees.
- Unauthorized Transfers. If you believe someone has improperly accessed your Bank Account through Online Payment or Direct Payment without your permission, contact SCE immediately. You should also immediately contact your Financial Institution.
- Contact and Banking Information. As a user of SCE's Online Services, it is your responsibility to ensure that your contact and other required information such as your name and email address, and to the extent applicable, your Bank Account information, is current, accurate, and updated promptly. If you enroll in Direct Payment, automatic payments will continue to be processed against the Bank Account information on file until your notice of change has been received and processed by SCE. Changes to your contact and other information can be made online by selecting "Update Your Profile" from any screen within My Account.
- Fees. SCE does not charge you any fees for using the Online Services. However, if you are using Online Payment or Direct Payment, your Financial Institution may charge you fees related to your Bank Account, including transaction fees or fees for attempting transfers without sufficient funds. If a transaction is not honored by your Financial Institution, fees may be charged to your SCE account. SCE reserves the right to begin charging fees for SCE's Online Services after reasonable notice is provided to customers using Online Services.
- Termination. You may choose to cancel any of the Online Services at any time with no fee. If you wish to discontinue Online Billing, Online Payment, or Direct Payment, you may cancel online by selecting "Add/Remove Accounts" from the Manage Account(s) screen or by sending a cancellation notice to the address shown below under "Notices to SCE." Generally, within ten (10) days of SCE's receipt of your request, termination will be effective.
SCE reserves the right to discontinue any of the Online Services, and/or suspend or terminate your access to any of the Online Services, without notice, at any time or for any reason. SCE will attempt to provide you with prior notice of discontinuance, suspension or termination by posting at SCE's website ("Website") or otherwise sending notice, but SCE shall not be required to do so nor shall SCE be liable for any failure to do so. Neither suspension, termination nor discontinuation of Online Billing, Online Payment nor Direct Payment shall affect your liability for transactions initiated through such services using your Password.<
- Notices to SCE. Please direct all correspondence to the following e-mail address:firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also contact SCE at the following addresses or phone numbers:
- For Online Billing and Online Payment:
Southern California Edison Company
Attn: Payment Services
PO BOX 6109, Covina, CA 91722
Telephone: 1-800-409-2365, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Pacific Standard Time (excluding holidays)
- For Direct Payment: Southern California Edison Company
Attn: Payment Services
PO BOX 6109, Covina, CA 91722
Telephone: 1-800-409-2365, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Pacific Standard Time (excluding holidays).
- For Online Billing and Online Payment:
- Amendments. The terms of Online Billing, Online Payment, Direct Payment and of this Agreement may be modified or amended by SCE from time to time. In such event, SCE will provide notice to you in accordance with applicable law, which may be accomplished by posting such change on SCE's Website. Any use of SCE's Online Services after SCE provides you with a notice of change will constitute your agreement to such change(s). You may terminate this Agreement if you do not agree with any such amendments.
- Assignment. You may not assign this Agreement to any other party.
- Governing Law. This Agreement shall be governed by the law of the State of California without regard to its conflicts of laws provisions.
- Disclaimer of Warranties. SCE's Website and any content, information, software, functions and applets provided on or through the Website are made available on an "as is" and "as available" basis. SCE does not warrant that the Website or any content or services provided in connection with the Website, including SCE's Online Services, will be timely, secure, uninterrupted, or error-free, or that defects in the Website or in any content or services provided through the Website, including SCE's Online Services, as may exist from time to time, will be corrected. SCE will not be responsible for errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects or delays in the operation of or transmission of data through the Website, any services, including Online Services, or related content, including those due to communication line failures, or computer viruses associated with the operation of the Website. SCE MAKES NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO SCE'S WEBSITE OR THE ONLINE SERVICES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE TO USE SCE'S WEBSITE AND THE ONLINE SERVICES AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
- Limitation of Liability and Indemnity. SCE, its affiliates or subsidiaries, and their officers, directors, employees, agents, successors, or assigns, will not be liable to you or any third party for any indirect, consequential, incidental, exemplary, special or punitive damages (including without limitation, damages resulting from lost data, lost profits, or costs of procurement of substitute products or services) arising out of or in connection with SCE's Online Services. In no event will the liability of SCE, its affiliates or subsidiaries, or their officers, directors, employees, agents, successors, or assigns, under any theory of liability (whether in contract, tort, strict liability, or otherwise) exceed $500, regardless of whether such parties have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless SCE, its affiliates and subsidiaries, and their officers, directors, employees, agents, successors, or assigns from any and all claims, liabilities, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' and experts' fees) arising in any way from your use of SCE's Online Services, or the placement or transmission of any message, information, software, or other materials or content on or through the Website in connection with SCE's Online Services by you or users of your Password, or related to any violation of these Terms and Conditions by you or users of your Password, unless caused by the sole negligence or willful misconduct of SCE.
- Use of Electronic Communication. By accepting below or otherwise using SCE's Online Services, you also agree that (1) any and all notices, disclosures and communications regarding Online Services between you and SCE, including this Agreement, may be made electronically, including by SCE posting to its Website in accordance with applicable law; and (2) account-specific notices to you related to outages, payments, and disconnections may be made by electronic mail to the email address provided to SCE. Any electronic notice, disclosure or communication SCE makes will be considered made when transmitted by SCE.
- Privacy of Information. You acknowledge that SCE will receive certain personal, private and/or confidential information in connection with your use of SCE's Online Services; and that absent your express authorization, SCE will not rent, sell or otherwise make available to any third party for any reason any of this information that personally identifies you, your Bank Account or payments you make through Online Payment or Direct Payment, other than to provide the Online Services or to comply with applicable laws or regulations, including CPUC or court orders.
Your click of the "I Agree" button is a symbol of your signature that the information you have provided is true and correct; that you have read, understand, accept and agree to the terms of this Agreement; and constitutes your representation that you are duly authorized to bind the customer to these Terms and Conditions. You may print this Agreement for your records using the Print feature of your browser.