Enroll your qualifying smart thermostat in our Smart Energy Program to get up to $115 in bill credits when you participate in program energy events.
Get a $75 Bill Credit for Enrolling
Sign up for the Smart Energy Program through one of our authorized service providers1 and receive a one-time $75 bill credit.2
Earn Bill Credits Through the Year
You can earn up to $40 in bill credits3 for participating in the program from June 1 through September 30 each year.
Recycle Your Old Thermostat for a Rebate
Don't throw your old thermostat in the trash. Recycle it at an approved collection site and get a $30 rebate.
Once you’ve enrolled, the program is designed to take care of itself:
- During an SCE energy event, we notify your smart thermostat provider to temporarily adjust the temperature setting on your thermostat up to four degrees higher to limit A/C usage in your home
- You always have the ability to re-adjust the temperature during called events
- Overriding the automated upward adjustment of your thermostat could affect your ongoing enrollment status4
By participating, you’re doing more than saving energy and earning bill credits. The Smart Energy Program also:
- Reduces your carbon footprint
- Makes your home more energy-efficient
- Helps reduce demand on the grid
For additional frequently asked questions, program details, and eligibility requirements, visit our terms and conditions.