Automated Demand Response
Use Less. Save More.
Your business can enjoy savings and flexibility through the Automated Demand Response (Auto-DR) program. By installing technologies that automatically reduce your energy usage during demand response events, you will not only cut costs, but you may also qualify for technology incentives.
Auto-DR participation is open to all business customers in SCE’s service territory. To participate in Auto-DR, you must:
- Meet the minimum kW requirements of the eligible DR program(s) in which you are enrolled or will enroll in
- Receive bundled or direct access electric service from SCE
- Be billed on an SCE commercial, industrial, or agricultural rate schedule
- Have an installed interval (IDR) or Edison SmartConnect® meter
- Remain enrolled in a qualifying DR program for 36 or 60 consecutive months (depending on the program and payment option selected) if you have been paid a technology incentive
To get started with Auto-DR, contact your SCE Account Representative, contact the Automated Demand Response Help Desk at 1-866-238-3605, or use the User Guide for Submitting a Project to submit your project in your SCE.com/MyAccount.
Learn more about Auto-DR policies, procedures, and requirements in our Auto-DR Program Handbook.
Open Automated Demand Response (OpenADR)
OpenADR 2.0 is an Internet protocol we use to communicate with equipment at your facilities to automatically reduce demand (electrical load) during Demand Response (DR) program events. We send DR event or price notifications through a system called the Demand Response Automation Server (DRAS), which uses OpenADR technology to communicate with your OpenADR device or energy management system (EMS). You can configure your DRAS account to receive event notifications, adjust shed signals, and also enable automated dispatch during DR events.
To receive a DR event notification via the DRAS, you must install and configure an eligible OpenADR client. You may qualify for incentives to offset the purchase and installation costs of technology and equipment.
Below you’ll find links to videos and case studies highlighting companies that have saved on energy and costs utilizing Auto-DR.
- VIDEO: See how the Water Garden saved
- VIDEO: See how Railex saved
- The Water Garden
- West American Rubber Company
- Four Star Fruit