Looking to take advantage of the easiest ways to save money on your electricity bill? Our Home Energy Guide offers information on your home energy usage, ways to conserve, and more. Get tips for simple changes to maximize savings in your home.
Go Green with an Electric Home and Smart Energy
Learn how you can reduce your carbon footprint and reduce your electricity usage through the modernization of your home.
Switching to an all-electric home can lower your energy costs, modernize your home, and help reduce your carbon footprint. Energy-efficient technology can help lower your energy usage, which can translate into savings on your energy bill. Today’s electric appliances are designed to need a smaller amount of energy to do their job.
What's eating your energy? Is it the A/C? That extra fridge in the garage? The clothes dryer? Efficient appliances aren’t the only way to cool off your energy use. Try these tips to save even more:
- Cook with your grill or microwave to keep your home cooler
- Give your air conditioner a rest when you can and cool your home with open windows and fans
- Replace your incandescent light bulbs with more efficient LEDs Close your blinds to keep out the afternoon heat
- Plug home electronics into power strips and turn off power strips when equipment is not in use
- Unplug electronic devices and chargers when they aren’t in use
- Give your dryer a break and hang-dry your clothes
- Set your thermostat to 78 degrees when you are home and to 85 degrees or “off” when you are away
Our Energy Education Centers (EEC) in Irwindale and Tulare offer a wide range of resources to teach you how to make better energy decisions for your home. Visit us to learn about the latest in energy management and efficiency technologies through interactive displays and exhibits, technical consultations, classes, workshops, and events.
Energy Efficiency Financing
Southern California Edison offers state-administered financing programs that can help you reach your energy goals by spreading the cost of qualifying upgrades over time, putting greater comfort and energy savings within reach.
Energy Savings Assistance Program (ESA)
We can help you save through the Energy Savings Assistance Program. If you’re eligible, we’ll cover the cost of efficient new appliances and installation.