Demand Response (DR) programs can help you save energy and money. DR programs provide incentives for reducing electricity use when the demand for electricity is high. Learn how Demand Response programs contribute to a clean energy future and the impact these programs can make during emergency situations.
Maximize your energy savings while preserving and protecting power for everyone. Choose the DR program that fits your needs.
- Earn up to $180 in summer bill credits.
- Requires central A/C system to qualify.
- SCE automatically cycles your A/C off and on during SDP events to conserve electricity in exchange for bill credits.
- Enrolling in an "override" program option allows to you opt out of up to 5 SDP events per year.
- You’ll earn monthly bill credits from June 1 through Sept. 30.
- Earn a one-time $75 sign-up credit and up to $40 in annual bill credits when maintaining enrollment June 1 through Sept. 30.
- Requires qualifying smart thermostat with central A/C system.
- SCE automatically adjusts your smart thermostat by up to four degrees during SEP events to save energy.
- You may override events at any time by re-adjusting the temperature on the thermostat.
- Earn an average of $40 in bill credits yearly.
- Reduce electricity use during PSR program events between 4 and 9 p.m., May 1 through Oct. 31.
- Bill credits awarded at start of each year.
- No penalty for not participating in PSR program events; the more you save the more you earn.
The cleanest, most sustainable energy is the energy we never use. By reducing energy use during critical times, you’re doing much more than earning rewards and saving money. You’re helping to ensure that power stays on for everyone, particularly during emergencies, making a real difference for your community.
How It Works
When it’s hot the demand for energy increases.
We notify you to reduce electricity.
You reduce usage or permit us to reduce it for you.
You receive compensation for helping us.
Our free Demand, Response Alerts app ensures you’ll receive courtesy notifications about upcoming DR events straight to your smartphone. Visit our app-information page to sign up for alerts and never miss a savings opportunity.
Or download the free app directly.
The following third parties also supply DR services to help you manage and lower home energy use.*
*SCE displays links to websites or electronic services sponsored by third parties. SCE is not responsible for the content or operation of third-party websites or electronic services reached by the virtue of such links or content, and the presence of such links or content does not imply SCE endorses or is affiliated with such third-party websites, services, or third parties, or any services or products they offer. The third parties, and not SCE, are solely responsible for any advertisements, opinions, advice, statements, services, offers, data, information, content, or other materials that such third parties express or make available, including the description of third-party services on this SCE page.
Since safety is SCE’s number one priority, SCE will never advise its customers to participate in Demand Response events by turning on and off electricity at their circuit breakers. Most residential circuit breakers are not designed to work as on/off switches during DR events, and improper and frequent use may lead to hazardous conditions or damage to your electronic equipment and appliances. SCE does not recommend this practice for Demand Response. If you do flip your circuit breaker on or off for any reason, SCE recommends you exercise the appropriate precautions, which include but are not limited to:
- Wearing and using protective gear to protect against arc flashing;
- Turning equipment off before turning the circuits back on to avoid damage or excessive wear;
- Checking with the panel manufacturer to confirm whether the panel is designed for this type of use; and
- Ensuring circuits do not support medical devices, smoke detectors, fire alarms, and other critical or safety-related equipment and devices.