Skip to main content
By enrolling in the EAF Customer Donation Program, the Participant agrees to the following Terms and Conditions.
- Participant must be the customer of record for the SCE customer account, or duly authorized to act on behalf of, and with the express consent of, the customer of record; with at least one active standard energy service account.
- The following types of accounts are not eligible to participate in the EAF Customer Donation program: (i) Cash Only: SCE customer accounts which require payments to be made via cash only; (ii) Bankruptcy Accounts: SCE customer accounts under bankruptcy protection.
- SCE reserves the unqualified right to accept or decline, in SCE’s sole discretion, an application to enroll in the EAF Customer Donation Program.
- Participant acknowledges and agrees that the donation amount is added to and collected through Participant’s SCE bill.
- Participant has the option of providing one-time donations, which are added to one bill statement only, or monthly donations, which are added to each month bill statement during the twelve (12) month period after enrollment.
- Participant must contribute a fixed-dollar amount (i.e. $1.00). SCE will attempt to verify donations for $100 or more by calling the customer using the last known phone number available to SCE to verify the donation amount following enrollment.
- Changes to program enrollment (i.e. change in donation amounts) will be reflected in the following months bill. Participant may change the selected option only once during each billing cycle.
- Participant acknowledges that donated amounts collected through the EAF program are administered by United Way of Los Angeles (UWLA), and Participant has no right to direct in any manner how funds are applied.
- Participant acknowledges that once funds are collected and remitted to UWLA, Participant has no right to withdraw the funds or to request a refund.
- Participants can enroll in the EAF Program by calling SCE’s phone center at (800) 205-8596, or through the web at www.sce.com/eaf at any time. Program enrollment is also available through the back of the SCE paper bill starting in December 2009.
- Verification of enrollment in the EAF Customer Donation program will be provided as a bill message on the Participant’s next bill following enrollment.
- SCE will endeavor to update account balance and activity information daily. However, SCE shall not be liable for any delay in updating or failure to update any information, for whatever reason.
- Uncollected EAF donations will not be assessed any penalties, are non-disconnectable charges, and will not be assessed late payment charges or other fees. However, it is Participant’s sole responsibility to pay his or her SCE bill(s) on time to avoid other late fees, collection activity or disconnection of electric service.
- Each January, a separate bill message will be included in Participant’s billing statements summarizing the total EAF donations collected during the previous year. UWLA will also submit an acknowledgement letter to Participants each January that donated $250 or more to EAF during the prior calendar year.
- The minimum amount of contribution that a Participant may contribute for EAF is .01 per month.
- Participant may choose to cancel enrollment in the EAF Program at any time with no penalty. To discontinue enrollment through the Web, select “Stop Donation” from the EAF Enrollment screen. Participants may also mail a cancellation notice to the address shown below under “Notices to SCE.” Generally, such termination will be effective within ten (10) days of SCE’s receipt of the request.
- Uncollected EAF donations over three (3) consecutive months may result in SCE terminating Participant’s participation in the EAF program.
- Participants should direct all e-mail correspondence to the following address: EAFAdministration@sce.com.You may also contact SCE at the following address or phone numbers:
SCE’s Energy Assistance Fund
Southern California Edison Company
P.O. BOX 800,
Rosemead, CA 91770
Telephone: (800) 205-8596
- SCE has the sole right to modify or discontinue the EAF Program at any time without prior notice. SCE will post notice of any significant changes to, or of the discontinuance of, the EAF Program on SCE’s Website.
- SCE, its parent, affiliates or subsidiaries, and each of their officers, directors, employees, agents, successors or assigns, will not be liable for any indirect, consequential, incidental, exemplary, special or punitive damages arising out of or in connection with the EAF Program. In no event will the total, cumulative liability of SCE, its parent, affiliates or subsidiaries, or any of their officers, directors, employees, agents, successors or assigns, under any theory of liability (whether in contract, tort, strict liability, or otherwise) exceed $500, regardless of whether such parties have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- Participant agrees to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless SCE, its parent, affiliates or subsidiaries, and each of their officers, directors, employees, agents, successors or assigns, from any and all claims, liabilities, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ and experts’ fees) arising in any way from Participants participation in the EAF Program.
- Pursuant to paragraph 23 above, the Participant hereby gives its express consent for SCE to provide certain confidential information to UWLA for the processing of the acknowledgement letter of donations over $250.
- SCE’s Website and any content, information, software, functions and applets provided on or through the Website are made available on an “as is” and “as available” basis. SCE does not warrant that the Website or any content or services provided in connection with the Website, will be timely, secure, uninterrupted, or error-free, or that defects in the Website or in any content or services provided through the Website, as may exist from time to time, will be corrected. SCE will not be responsible for errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects or delays in the operation of or transmission of data through the Website, any services, or related content, including those due to communication line failures, or computer viruses associated with the operation of the Website. SCE MAKES NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO SCE’S WEBSITE OR SCE’S ONLINE SERVICES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. PARTICIPANT EXPRESSLY AGREES TO USE SCE’S WEBSITE AND THE ONLINE SERVICES AT PARTICIPANT’S SOLE RISK.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by the law of the State of California, without regard to its conflicts or laws provisions.
- By enrolling in the EAF Program, Participant acknowledges that he or she has read, understands, accepts and agrees to these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions may be printed for your records.