The California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) ordered the California Investor-Owned Utilities (IOUs) to procure energy efficiency programs that are designed and implemented by third parties. As a result, each IOU entered into contracts with certain vendors, who were selected through competitive solicitation processes. Additionally, customers will now receive energy efficiency services, products, compensation, and/or installation directly or indirectly from such third-party implementers, based on individual agreements between the customer and such third-party implementers. The following applies to third-party energy efficiency programs:
- SCE does not design third-party implemented energy efficiency programs or program requirements.
- SCE does not determine what measures are eligible or appropriate for a customer.
- SCE does not install the measures or arrange for installations.
- SCE is not, and shall not be deemed to be, a party or guarantor to any agreement between a customer and any third-party implementer. SCE has no contractual obligation, directly or indirectly, to the customer as it relates to the third-party energy efficiency programs.
- SCE is not liable for any actions or inactions, negligence, gross negligence, or willful misconduct of any third-party implementer, or any distributor, vendor, installer, or manufacturer of the product(s) purchased.
- Customers are strongly encouraged to perform their own research and due diligence and to obtain multiple bids or quotes when seeking any third-party implementer to perform any type of work or procure any type of product.
- Customers should thoroughly review the terms and conditions of their agreements with any third-party implementer, to understand the terms of the agreement before signing, including all costs, installation, allocation of risk, and maintenance or warranty periods after installation.
- SCE does not recommend, endorse, qualify, guarantee or make any representations or warranties regarding the services, work, quality, financial stability, or performance of any third-party implementer or any of the third-party implementer’s distributors, contractors, subcontractors, installers of products, or any product brand listed on the third-party implementer’s website or provided, directly or indirectly, by such third-party implementer.
The IOUs received CPUC approval of contracts for the following energy-efficiency third-party programs.
The California Energy Design Assistance program (CEDA) is a statewide program that provides a complimentary and comprehensive analysis of different energy efficiency options and lays out their potential energy savings and incentives tailored to your specific new construction or major alteration project. The program serves Commercial, Multifamily (4 stories and higher), Public, Industrial, and Agricultural customers. Willdan is the implementer of the CEDA program.
Learn more at: California Energy Design Assistance
The Instant Rebates Program is a statewide energy efficiency program that allows Commercial Foodservice (CFS) equipment dealers to offer rebates as a discount at the point-of-sale to commercial customers of the applicable IOU on qualifying high-efficiency natural gas and/or electric kitchen equipment.
Learn more at: California Foodservice Instant Rebates
Comfortably CA is a statewide energy efficiency program serving HVAC distributors with incentives for specified high-efficiency residential and commercial heating and cooling equipment. The program offers incentives to distributors and retailers for selling high efficiency HVAC equipment, and provides no-cost training to contractors and technicians. Together, we’re helping California feel good, while participating businesses "outcomfort" the competition.
Learn more at: Comfortably CA
Illuminate California is a statewide program that provides incentives to promote energy efficient lighting, installed at qualified commercial and industrial businesses, within the State of California. Approved distributors will have access to lighting product incentives through a streamlined incentive payment process. See our website to learn how to become a program-approved distributor.
Learn more at: Illuminate CA
The Statewide Midstream Water Heating Program is a statewide energy efficiency program serving expert distributors who receive incentives and program support for offering attractive point-of-sale water heating rebates to eligible commercial customers of SoCalGas®, Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E®), Southern California Edison Company (SCE®), and San Diego Gas & Electric Company (SDG&E®).
Learn more at: Statewide Midstream Water Heating Program
The Willdan Commercial Energy Efficiency Program (CEEP) provides comprehensive energy efficiency for all commercial customers with a monthly maximum demand of greater than 20 kW across Southern California Edison's (SCE’s) service territory. This program uses Deemed, Custom Calculated and NMEC approaches to reach customers across Commercial NAICS codes including Lodging, Restaurants, Grocery Stores, Warehouses, Refrigerated Warehouses, Retail and Technology, Offices and others.
Learn more at: Commercial Energy Efficiency Program
The Willdan Industrial Energy Efficiency Program (IEEP) provides comprehensive energy efficiency for all Industrial customers with a monthly maximum demand greater than 20 kW across Southern California Edison's (SCE's) service territory. This program uses Deemed, Custom Calculated and NMEC approaches to reach customers across Industrial NAICS codes including Manufacturing, Wholesale Trade, Transportation and Warehousing, Mining, Utilities, Construction and others.
Learn more at: Industrial Energy Efficiency Program
The Willdan Multifamily Energy Efficiency Program (MFEEP) provides comprehensive energy efficiency for all multifamily customers across Southern California Edison's (SCE’s) service territory. This program uses Deemed, Custom Calculated and NMEC approaches to reach multifamily properties as well as the Property Management Offices, Leasing Offices, Residential Remodelers and other facilities that directly support the Multifamily segment.
Learn more at: Multifamily Energy Efficiency Program