Effective October1, 2013, this Southern California Edison (SCE) rate factor decreased:
- The Public Purpose Program Charge (PPPC) will decrease for all rates, except for Domestic CARE (D-CARE), Area Lighting (AL-2), Streets & Highway (LS-1; LS-2; LS-3), Residential Walkway Lighting (DWL), and the Outdoor Area Lighting (OL-1) Service rates.
- The Transmission charge will decrease for all rates; except for Agricultural and Pumping (PA-2) which will increase.
Effective October1, 2013, this SCE rate factor increased:
- The SCE Generation charge will increase for the Time-of-Use Agricultural and Pumping Internal Combustion Engine (TOU-PA-ICE) rate.
Effective October1, 2013, these SCE rate factors (increased or decreased, based on tiered rate structure):
- The Distribution charge will decrease based on tier structure for Domestic CARE (D-CARE) and all "R" rates (TOU-GS-2 Option R, TOU-GS-3 Option R and TOU-8 Option R).
- The Conservation Incentive Adjustment (CIA) charge will increase or decrease, based on tiered structure, for Domestic (D), Domestic CARE (D-CARE), Domestic FERA (D-FERA), Time-of-Use Domestic Tiered (TOU-D-T) and Time-of-Use Domestic Tiered Electric Vehicle Charging (TOU-D-TEV) rates.
The actual impact of these rate factor changes on customers’ bills will vary based on energy usage.
SCE’s current and revised CARE Surcharge and CARE Discount Percentage are listed below: Santa Catalina Island Gas Cost Adjustment Billing Factors (GCABFs) and CARE Surcharge
*The CARE Surcharge rate is shown in dollars/kWh. All non-CARE, non-Street Lighting customers pay this same amount on an equal dollars/kWh basis.