Learn more about the administrator application, CPUC decisions and the accomplishments SCE has achieved through its EPIC projects. Since the EPIC program’s inception, there have been three triennial EPIC cycles: EPIC I (2012 – 2014), EPIC II (2015 – 2017); EPIC III (2018 – 2020). Learn more about the cycles through the EPIC investment plans.
Learn even more about our EPIC projects through the EPIC database. The database allows for easy searching of key project information and includes an interactive map to locate projects in your community.
The California Energy Commission (CEC) administers 80% of the funding with the ability to invest in all approved EPIC activities. SCE, PG&E and SDG&E administer 20% of the funding in an amount proportional to their respective collections. They are limited to only technology demonstrations.
In these decisions, the CPUC authorizes the execution of EPIC investment plans and establishes programmatic requirements.
- 4/27/2023 - Phase 2-C EPIC Rulemaking (Final Decision) D.23-04-042
- 11/18/2021 - Approving EPIC Additional Administrative Requirements D.21-11-028
- 8/27/2020 - Renewing EPIC D.20-08-042
- 2/6/2020 - Approving RAP EPIC Years 2018-2020 D.20-02-003
- 10/25/2018 - 2018-2020 EPIC Investment Plans (Final Decision) D.18-10-052
- 1/11/2018 - 2018-2020 EPIC Investment Plans (Phase 1 Decision) D.18-01-008
- 4/15/2015 - 2015-2017 EPIC Investment Plans D.15-04-020
- 11/19/2013 - 2012-2014 EPIC Investment Plans D.13-11-025
The project template describes the proposed project, its objectives, its technology and its path to commercialization, as well as its budgets and key stakeholders. Below is an example: