Our EPIC library collects and organizes resources including presentations, project final reports and management plans, whitepapers and technical papers. These resources contribute to ongoing coordination, dialogue and understanding among administrators, stakeholders, interested parties and the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC), while raising awareness of demonstration projects.
As SCE works on technology demonstrations to meet California’s clean energy future, we want to make sure EPIC administrators, the CPUC, interested parties and stakeholders are informed and understand the EPIC projects we are initiating. Please join us for one of our online webinars where you can learn more and have the opportunity to provide feedback on these projects before they launch. Your input could help shape our demonstration projects. Project presentations and workshop recordings will be posted on this page.
These webinars provide fellow EPIC administrators, the CPUC and the public with information about our EPIC projects. You’ll hear about how these projects support a clean energy future and advance wildfire safety.
|Date & Time||Description||Details|
|Date & Time||Description||Details|
1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. PDT
|Learn how SCE plans to demonstrate the latest advancements in hardware and software-based solutions in wildfire prevention, detection, and mitigation and how we’re exploring next-generation, pre-commercial energy storage technologies.|
9:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. PDT
The goal of the 2021 EPIC Fall Workshop is to promote awareness and visibility of the current EPIC investments, facilitate stakeholder engagement, improve coordination and provide more transparency regarding research progress and results. Stakeholder engagement is vital to the success of the EPIC program.
SCE and the other program administrators will provide portfolio updates on their EPIC 3 investments.
12/14/2021 – 12/15/2021
The California Energy Commission (CEC), Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E), Southern California Edison Company (SCE) and San Diego Gas & Electric Company (SDG&E) will host a two-day virtual symposium joined by clean energy leaders and entrepreneurs to explore the latest technology and policy innovations that can enable the state to:
9:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. PDT
Joint Agency Workshop – Electric Program Investment Charge Administrative Costs
The California Energy Commission (CEC), Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E), Southern California Edison (SCE), and San Diego Gas and Electric Company (SDG&E) will host a workshop to discuss a framework for defining and consistently tracking administrative costs associated with the Electric Program Investment Charge (EPIC). EPIC has invested approximately $160 million annually in new technology breakthroughs to transform the electricity sector to meet California’s energy and climate policy goals and bring increased benefits to electric ratepayers of the state’s three largest investor-owned utilities (IOUs) – PG&E, SCE, and SDG&E.
- 11/17/2021 EPIC Fall Workshop
- 10/20/2021 EPIC III Public Outreach Workshop
- 10/19-21/2020 EPIC Fall Symposium
- 11/8/2019 EPIC Fall Workshop EPIC III Portfolio Update
- 2/11/2019 Winter Symposium EPIC III Research Administration Plan (RAP)
- 11/9/2018 EPIC Fall Workshop Intelligent Modern Pole Field Demonstration
- 2/7/2018 EPIC Winter Symposium Integrated Grid Project
- 10/18/2017 EPIC Fall Symposium Underground Remote Fault Indicator
- 3/24/2017 EPIC III Planning Workshop Proposed Investment Plans
- 2/3/2017 EPIC III Scoping Workshop
- 12/1/2016 EPIC Winter Symposium
- Cyber-Intrusion Auto-Response and Policy Management System (CAPMS)
- Distribution Planning Tool
- Dynamic Line Rating Demonstration
- Enhanced Infrastructure Technology Evaluation
- Outage Management & Customer Voltage Analytics
- Portable End-to-End Test System (PETS)
- Regulatory Mandates: Submetering Enablement Demonstration