ENERGY STAR® Refrigerator Rebate
Open the Door to Savings
Purchase a new, qualified ENERGY STAR® Most Efficient refrigerator and get up to $75.
How Our ENERGY STAR® Refrigerator Rebate Works
- Purchase and install a new, qualified ENERGY STAR® refrigerator
- Save on energy costs month after month
- Receive a rebate as part of the Home Energy Efficiency Rebate program
- Earn even more when you recycle your old fridge
|Model||Purchased Jan. 1 to Dec. 31, 2015|
|ENERGY STAR®||Get $35 back|
|ENERGY STAR® Most Efficient||Get $75 back|
NOTE: Purchase and Install Jan. 1 - Dec. 31, Apply by Jan. 31, 2015.
How to Apply
- For a $35 rebate, choose an ENERGY STAR refrigerator; for the $75 rebate, choose an ENERGY STAR’s Most Efficient model.
- Make your qualifying purchase in 2014 and install it as your home’s primary refrigerator by February 28, 2015
- Get your rebate automatically at the time of purchase in participating stores
- Or, complete the rebate application and mail in the required documentation before funding runs out
- You must agree to the program requirements listed in the Home Energy Efficiency Rebate Program Application, listed below
- Limit one refrigerator rebate per residence.
- $35 rebate is for qualified ENERGY STAR refrigerators purchased and installed between Jan 1, 2015 and December 31, 2015 and installed as home’s primary refrigerator.
- $75 rebate is for qualified ENERGY STAR Most Efficient models purchased and installed Jan 1, 2015 and December 31, 2015.
- If your purchase receipt indicates an instant rebate was applied then you are not eligible for an additional rebate.
- Receipts and the mail-in 2015 Home Energy Efficiency Rebate Application must be postmarked by January 31, 2014.
- This rebate is part of the Home Energy Efficiency Rebate (HEER) program. HEER is offered on a first-come, first-served basis and is effective until funding is expended or the program is discontinued by the California Public Utilities Commission. The program is funded by California utility customers and is administered by Southern California Edison under the auspices of the California Public Utilities Commission. Read Terms
- SCE does not endorse or recommend any particular retailer. Participation in the Instant Rebate Program is open to all qualifying retailers.
- ENERGY STAR qualified products are identified by the U.S. Department of Energy and the Environmental Protection Agency as being among the most energy-efficient products on the market. If your model is not listed but is an ENERGY STAR qualified model, please check with the manufacturer or contractor.
- Under California law, models of certain types of appliances must be certified by the California Energy Commission before being sold or offered for sale in California. Before purchasing an appliance, search for your desired model in the Energy Commission’s database. View Database
- Some products in the Energy Commission’s database are not eligible for SCE rebates because they do not meet our high energy-efficiency requirements.