Portable Air Conditioning Rebate
How Our Portable Room Air Conditioner Rebate Works
- Purchase and install a new, qualified room air conditioner
- Collect a cool $20 rebate from our Home Energy Efficiency Rebate Program
How to Apply
- Select a qualified portable room air conditioner with an Energy Efficiency Rating (EER) of 11.9 or greater and a BTU level of 12,000-15,000 — View Options
- Make your purchase in 2013 and save your receipt
- Install your room air conditioner and submit/postmark your rebate application by February 28, 2014
- Complete the rebate application and mail in the required documentation before funding runs out
- Be sure to include your service account number from a recent SCE bill
- You must agree to the program requirements listed in the Home Energy Efficiency Rebate Program Application, listed below
- Limit one portable air conditioning rebate per residence.
- This rebate is part of the Home Energy Efficiency Rebate (HEER) program. HEER is offered on a first-come, first-served basis and is effective until funding is expended or the program is discontinued by the California Public Utilities Commission.The program is funded by California utility customers and is administered by us under the auspices of the California Public Utilities Commission. Read Terms
- Under California law, models of certain types of appliances must be certified by the California Energy Commission before being sold or offered for sale in California. Before purchasing an appliance, search for your desired model in the Energy Commission’s database. View Database
- Some products in the Energy Commission’s database are not eligible for our rebates because they do not meet our high energy-efficiency requirements.