More Light For Less
Keep An Eye on the Special Discount Prices
We work together with manufacturers and retailers to bring you exceptional discounts on ENERGY STAR®-qualified lighting products. Be sure to look for SCE logo on signs and stickers when you shop at your favorite stores.
This program is offered on a first-come, first-served basis and is effective until funding is depleted or the California Public Utilities Commission discontinues the program. Quantities are limited. Due to scheduling uncertainties store lists and locations are not made available. The program is funded by California utility customers and administered by Southern California Edison under the auspices of the California Public Utilities Commission.
ENERGY STAR®-qualified products are identified by the U.S. Department of Energy and the Environmental Protection Agency as being among the most energy-efficient products on the market.
Did You Know That CFLs Now Come in All Different Shapes?
For standard use where bulb can be seen.
For recessed ceiling, flood and track fixtures.
For vanity bars and other open fixtures.
The most energy-efficient. Now comes in dimmable (if stated on package).
Southern California Edison Operation Light Exchange
Our Operation Light Exchange allows residential customers to exchange halogen torchiere floor lamps and incandescent floor/table/desk lamps/night lights for new ENERGY STAR® labeled lamps. For a schedule of events and to learn more about the program, visit: www.scelampexchange.com.
ENERGY STAR®-Qualified Torchieres:
- Last longer than halogen torchieres
- Remain cooler than halogen torchieres
- Use less energy than halogen torchieres
- Can save you up to $125 over the life of one bulb
Here Are Some Reasons to Immediately Switch Out Your Incandescent Bulbs for CFLs:
- ENERGY STAR®-qualified CFLs use up to 75% less energy than incandescent bulbs & last up to 10 times as long, making installation
an easy solution to experience savings on your energy bill and reduce greenhouse gas emissions
- When you replace an old incandescent bulb with an energy-efficient CFL, you can save over $68 over its lifetime
- The average home has 50 sockets. If 50 lighting sockets are switched to CFLs, that would translate to savings of $40 per month
- CFLs now come in many lighting options, such as warm white, which gives off the same light as a standard incandescent