Energy Star Qualified Clothes Washers
Save Energy and Money – Get $50 Back
How Our ENERGY STAR® Clothes Washer Rebate Works
- Purchase and install a new, qualified ENERGY STAR® clothes washer
- Collect a $50 rebate from our Home Energy Efficiency Rebate Program
How to Apply
- Purchase a new ENERGY STAR® qualified clothes washer between January 1, 2013 and December 31, 2013
- Proof of purchase must be provided with your application
- Install the qualifying clothes washer by February 28, 2014
- You must agree to the program requirements listed in the Home Energy Efficiency Rebate Program Application, listed below
How to Apply By Mail
Purchase a qualifying model through the retailer of your choice and save the receipt. Complete the 2013 Home Energy Efficiency Rebate Application (PDF), sign it, and return it to us along with your receipt. Your submission must be postmarked by Feb. 28, 2014.
- Limit one clothes washer per residence.
- The HEER program is offered on a first-come first-served basis and is effective until funding is expended or the program is discontinued by the California Public Utilities Commission. The program is funded by California utility customers and administered by Southern California Edison under auspices of the California Public Utilities Commission.
- Under California law, models of certain types of appliances, for example, refrigerators, dishwashers and clothes washers etc., must be certified to the California Energy Commission before being sold or offered for sale in the state. The Energy Commission maintains a database of those appliances, found at the following link: www.appliances.energy.ca.gov. Before purchasing this type of appliance, please consult the Energy Commission's database to see if the particular model of the appliance you want to buy is in the database. Not all products listed in this database are eligible for utility rebates as they do not all meet the higher energy performance requirements of the utility programs. Please refer to Southern California Edison rebate applications to find energy saving products eligible for rebate.