Web Content Viewer (JSR 286)

Energy Assistance Fund (EAF)

Energy Assistance Fund – What is it?

Today’s tough economic times have hit Californians hard. Many of our neighbors need help paying their energy bills—especially seniors and families with children.

The United Way and SCE work together to provide up to $100 per 12-month period to qualified customers struggling to pay their electricity bills.

How to Donate - Make a Tax Deductible Donation Today

1. By Your Bill

Enroll in the “Round Up” Program: we’ll automatically round up your monthly bill to the next dollar and donate the difference. Or, make a one-time or recurring donation of your choice.

2. By Credit Card

Prefer to donate directly? Through United Way, you can simply and securely donate to the Energy Assistance Fund using your credit card, in the amount that’s right for you.

3. Send a Check

We welcome your one-time donation by check or money order by mail to:

Energy Assistance Fund
1515 Walnut Grove Ave., 2nd Floor 
Rosemead, CA 91770.

How to Apply – Get Assistance

Our Partners

We work with United Way and over 80 community-based organizations, which help qualified customers apply for assistance.

To qualify, your SCE bill must be in your name and the address on the bill be your primary residence. You must also meet certain income guidelines.  

Contact one of our participating community agencies near you to learn more.

Maximum Household Income
Effective June 1, 2015
Number of Persons in Household Total Combined Annual Income

1 to 2

Up to $31,860


Up to $40,180


Up to $48,500


Up to $56,820


Up to $65,140


Up to $73,460


Up to $81,780

Each additional person


Get Started
Web Content Viewer (JSR 286)