Supply Chain Management
Selling to SCE – Supply Chain Management
We’re Adopting the Ariba E-Commerce Network
We have begun to adopt a new supplier e-commerce network, powered by Ariba, Inc., an SAP company. Ariba's web-based Spend Management platform offers online access to:
- Sourcing and bidding
- Negotiation and contracts
- Purchase orders
- Real time payment status
- More flexible discounting
The adoption of the Ariba Network is expected to be done in multiple phases over a period of time. We believe this new platform will create new efficiencies across our Supply Management processes. If you have any questions or concerns, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employing Best Practices and Strategies
Our Supply Chain Management (SCM) group is responsible for all activities associated with procurement, storage, distribution, and final disposition of the goods and services the company needs to do business. We utilize industry best practices and other strategic business initiatives to help achieve our procurement and material management goals.
Our Supply Chain Management (SCM) group has adopted comprehensive purchasing strategies and programs. These strategies help SCM achieve its service, quality, and cost goals in the acquisition and management of goods and services.
Our purchasing strategy includes sourcing guidelines, supplier programs, diversity programs, and supply chain tools like electronic data interchange (EDI).
Creating Value Beyond the Purchase Price
Our sourcing strategy is based on a process of creating value. In making sourcing decisions, we go beyond the purchase price to consider all supply chain costs associated with an item or service.
In addition to the purchase price, our sourcing decisions incorporate costs for storage, distribution, use, and disposal of goods. We also consider the impact of quality and service to internal SCE business processes.
Recognizing Superior Suppliers
The Supplier Performance program provides recognition to key suppliers for providing superior value, quality and service to SCE. In this program, an agreement is reached with each participating supplier detailing costs, quality, and service goals for the coming year.
The goals are specific to the type of product or service the supplier provides. Superior performance in these categories results in valuable public recognition and awards for high-performance suppliers.
Promoting Opportunities for Diversity
We are committed to promoting opportunities for diverse business enterprises (DBEs), including woman, minority and service disabled veteran-owned businesses. Our Supplier Diversity program is designed to increase DBE participation in our bidding and contracting process.
Our general policy is to procure equipment, materials, supplies and services – including contract construction – on the basis of competitive bids from multiple qualified sources, except when otherwise justified.
Using E-Commerce to Facilitate Business
If your business provides us with goods or services, or is a customer, and you have e-commerce capabilities such as Electronic Data Interchange (EDI), you may want to consider establishing an e-commerce connection with us.
Our EDI transactions are based on the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) X12 standard. If your business contracts with SCE and is interested in becoming an EDI trading partner, see our SCE Electronic Commerce FAQs for more information.
Supply Chain Management Terms & Conditions
For the benefit of our suppliers and business associates, below is a list of SCE’s standard Ts&Cs, definitions, and exhibits for various procurement transactions and requirements.
- Architectural Site Representative
- Buy America Exhibit (Material Ts&Cs)
- Buy America Exhibit (Services Ts&Cs)
- Computing System Access & Security Review Obligations
- Diverse Business Enterprise Subcontracting Commitment & Reporting Requirements
- Energy Efficiency Programs
- Hazardous Material Services
- Heavy Hauling & Related Services
- Joint Procurement
- Major Materials Procurement
- Major Services Procurement
- Metrology Services
- NERC Critical Infrastructure Protection Requirements (V5)
- Security Incident Response Provisions
- Vehicular Equipment Purchase
Transactional Terms And Conditions
- Transactional Terms and Conditions for Materials (11/01/11)
- Transactional Terms and Conditions for Consulting (11/01/11)
- Transactional Terms and Conditions for Services (11/01/11)
- Diverse Business Enterprise Subcontracting Commitment & Reporting Requirements (09/08/10)
- Energy Efficiency Programs (09/14/11)
- Hazardous Material Services (09/14/11)
- Heavy Hauling & Related Services (09/14/11)
- Joint Procurement (09/14/11)
- Major Materials Procurement (09/14/11)
- Major Services Procurement (09/14/11)
- Metrology Services (09/14/11)
- NERC Critical Infrastructure Protection Requirements (09/14/11)
- Security Incident Response Provisions (09/14/11)
Yvonne Castillo-Wasson, President of Pacific Graphics Inc. (PGI), has directed the growth of PGI from a small printing shop to a printing communications firm. PGI started its business relationship with SCE over 10 years ago printing business forms. Today, PGI is one of our key business resource suppliers offering an array of graphic design services under their 3-year contract secured in our competitive bidding process. At SCE, we look for suppliers that share our values. PGI has proven to be a valued business partner by investing the time to understand our needs and develop our business relationship. Ms. Castillo-Wasson's business success and community contributions have been acknowledged by various organizations. Most recently, she was awarded the 2009 "Women's Business Enterprise Industry Award" by the California Public Utilities Commission.