Oct 15, 2018
Weather Update (As of 7:15 a.m.)
Wind and Fire - Related Outages
Status Update (as of 7:15 a.m., Monday)
- As of 7:15 a.m. Monday, no PSPS events have been called. Current repair outages are unrelated to any PSPS events.
- The National Weather Service has issued Red Flag Warnings through 8 p.m. on Tuesday for Los Angeles, Orange, San Bernardino and Ventura counties.
- The strongest winds are forecasted through noon Tuesday, with peak winds between now and 3 p.m. Monday.
- We continue to explore options for a potential Public Safety Power Shutoff, but no power has been shut off at this time.
- For the areas impacted by high wind conditions, all maintenance outages scheduled for Monday, Oct. 15, have been cancelled. Planned work in other areas of the service territory will proceed.
- We are identifying circuits in the following areas, which might be affected by dangerous high winds, and have begun outreach to local officials and customers in advance of a potential decision to shut off power.
|San Bernardino County
- SCE customers in some areas of Southern California are experiencing dangerous high winds in Red Flag fire areas. Forecasts indicate these dangerous wind conditions will continue for the next few days.
- The company’s number one priority is to protect public safety as well as the integrity of the system serving customers.
- For the areas impacted by high wind conditions, all maintenance outages scheduled for Monday, Oct. 15, have been cancelled.
- For information on outages customers can check sce.com/outages. Customers can inquire about outages by calling 800-611-1911.
- If an outage occurs, power will be restored as weather permits and after crews inspect and determine it is safe to re-energize lines.
INSIDE EDISON STORY: High Winds, Low Humidity Bring Fire Weather Watch to SoCal