Outage Center Goes Mobile
Report Outages and See Outage Maps with Our New My SCE App
Your fully charged smartphone is always a “go-to” communication option, especially in an urgent situation when safety is key. We realize that power outages are an unfortunate inconvenience so we’ve made it easier for you to report and check on the status of power outages using your web-enabled mobile phone. (Data usage charges may apply. Please check with your carrier.)
|Download our new iPhone or Android app to your mobile phone. With the My SCE App, you can easily report a power outage and view an interactive outage map designed to fit your mobile display, so you can clearly see where outages may be occurring in your area.||We know you depend on your mobile phone to communicate and stay safe in an emergency.
If you experience a power outage, use your phone's web connection to report outages and to view outage locations as well as find out when your service may be restored.
|If you're experiencing problems with your power for more than a few minutes,let us know by reporting it online - it's the quickest and easiest way to let us know.
If you see a downed power line call 911. Do not approach or touch it.
Frequently Asked Questions
The My SCE App works best on devices with the latest versions of Apple iOS with the Mobile Safari browser and Android devices with the Google Chrome for Mobile browser. Our goal is to create an experience that works best on the most common devices used by our customers. In the event that your mobile device of choice is not compatible with our mobile-optimized services, we recommend that you access SCE.com using a desktop computer.
No, anyone can report an outage or street light outage.
With the SCE Outages mobile web site and mobile app, you will be able to view current outages on a map, report an outage in your home/business and report street light outages. You can also use the app to have one-touch call access to SCE customer service, links to the full sce.com web site and links to SCE’s Twitter and Facebook mobile site.
There are two 800 phone numbers published on the "Contact Us" screen.
- For outage related issues 1–800-611-1911
- For mobile site/app related issues 1–800-409-2365
If you elected to receive notifications through the outage report submission process, you will be notified via the method you chose (email, phone, text, TTY) when an update to the status of the outage is made available. You can also call in to receive updates by providing the confirmation number given on the “Confirmation” screen to the customer service representative.
The mobile outage site/app requires an internet connection and data charges may apply per your service plan. If you’ve chosen to receive text message updates on your outage report, then data charges may also apply. Please contact your phone service provider for any questions regarding data usage charges.
No, chatting or texting with customer service representatives are not available at this time. Please contact our customer service through the mobile site/app with the telephone numbers provided on the "Contact Us" screen.
In most cases, exiting the app and removing it from the running apps tray will solve the problem.
- For iPhone:
- Press the home button to exit the app. This returns you to the iPhone’s home screen.
- Double click the home button. This will bring up a row of icons at the bottom of the screen. These are apps that the iPhone currently has open.
- Swipe until you find the "SCE Outages" icon.
- Tap and hold the "SCE Outages" icon until it starts to jiggle. A red circled "-" icon will appear in the top left corner of the "SCE Outages" icon.
- Tap the red, circled "-" icon. The "SCE Outages" icon should disappear. This closes the app.
- Click the home button. This returns you to the iPhone’s home screen.
- Click on the "SCE Outages" icon to launch the app.
- For Android:
- From the home screen, locate and press the "Settings" icon.
- From the list of settings, locate and press the "Applications" option.
- Select the "Manage Applications" option.
- Click on the "Running" option tab. This will display all applications currently running.
- Select the "SCE Outages" application.
- Tap on the "Force Stop" option.
- Click on the home button to return to the home screen.
The app is available for download and installation on both the iTunes App Store and Google Play. Please refer to your mobile phone owner’s manual on how to download and install apps