For Your Home
Let's Talk Energy Solutions for Your Home
Bring Energy Efficiency Home with These Tips
Efficient appliances aren’t the only way to cool off your energy use. Try these tips to save even more:
- Cook with your grill or microwave to keep your home cooler
- Give your air conditioner a rest when you can and cool your home with open windows and fans
- Replace your incandescent light bulbs with more efficient LEDs
- Close your blinds to keep out the afternoon heat
- Plug home electronics into power strips and turn off power strips when equipment is not in use
- Unplug electronic devices and chargers when they aren’t in use
- Give your dryer a break and hang-dry your clothes
- Set your thermostat to 78 degrees when you are home and to 85 degrees or “off” when you are away
For more energy-saving tips, visit our Home Energy Guide.
For water-saving tips that help reduce energy waste, visit saveourh2o.org.
Helpful Energy Management Tools