Help With Your High Bill
We understand your electric bill may be higher than usual. If so, we can help. We offer a variety of low-to-no-cost solutions, plus programs, services and useful tools to help you save energy and money.
Did you get a higher than normal bill at your business? We have tips, tools and solutions that can help.
Budget Assistant: Stay on a Spending Plan
With Budget Assistant you can set monthly spending goals, track your progress, and get automated alerts.Budget Assistant: Stay on a Spending Plan Get Started
My Account: Your Savings HQ
Using My Account is an easy and effective way to keep track of your energy use and find ways to save. Sign up today to view usage reports that show you how and when you use electricity, and access tools and services to help you manage energy, view and pay your bill online, and more.
Get Extra Credit: Save Power Days
Earn up to $100 annually* in bill credits with the Save Power Day incentive. Simply reduce your energy use on hot summer days between the peak hours of 2 p.m. and 6 p.m. We’ll alert you the day before a Save Power Day by your choice of e-mail, text or phone, so you can plan ahead.
Sign in to My Account now to let us know how you want to hear about upcoming Save Power Days.
Customized Savings: Home Energy Advisor
Your personalized savings program starts here, with the free and easy Home Energy Advisor. Answer some questions to get an analysis of your household energy use, along with customized recommendations for how to save and where to start. Then, let the tool work for you by tracking your progress, updating your actions, and calculating the savings.
Some simple ways to help you conserve and save at home:
- Give your appliances the afternoon off. Use your dishwasher, clothes washer & dryer, and other appliances after 6 p.m.
- At night, when it’s practical to do so, use electric fans and open windows instead of A/C
- Set your thermostats no lower than 78 degrees
- Turn off appliances and equipment when you’re not using them
- Shut off lights when you leave a room
- Turn off lights in unused areas
- Close drapes and blinds to keep out direct sunlight during hot periods
- Avoid using evaporative coolers or humidifiers at the same time an A/C is running
- Operate your swimming pool equipment and energy-intensive appliances only during early morning and evening hours
- Limit the opening and reopening of refrigerators
- Keep your home cooler when cooking by grilling outdoors or using the microwave
Keeping your home and family safe is our top priority. Get acquainted with basic safety precautions. Visit our Outage Center to learn what to do during an outage, and how to prepare for one. And remember to never approach or touch a downed wire—call 911 immediately and stay away.
New: Download our Outage App to report outages and stay abreast of current outages, right on your mobile device. You’ll be able to stay informed even when the power is down.
2-1-1 is a 24-7 service that provides callers with valuable information and referrals to community services for every day needs and during times of crisis. While offerings vary from community to community, some programs and services may include:
- Financial and public assistance programs
- Health care services and medical insurance programs
- Housing assistance and emergency shelter programs
- Senior services: case management, meals delivered to your home, senior centers and more
- Services and support for people with disabilities
* Savings may vary based on actual usage reductions during Save Power Days and other factors.