Research and Fact Sheets
For information on smart meters and radio frequency energy visit Frequently Asked Questions. We’ve also provided additional fact sheets, studies and resources here.
- SCE Fact Sheet: Smart Meters and Radio Frequency (RF) (PDF)
- EEI/AEIC: A Discussion of Smart Meters And RF Exposure Issues (March 2011) (PDF)
- CCST: Health Impacts of Radio Frequency from Smart Meters - Final Report (April 2011) (PDF)
- Itron OpenWay: Radio Frequency FAQ's (PDF)
- EPRI: EMF Health Assessment and RF Safety (PDF)
- EPRI Study: An Investigation of Radiofrequency Fields Associated with the Itron Smart Meter (Published December 2010)
- EPRI: Radio Frequency Exposure Levels from Smart Meters (PDF - Published February 2011)
- The FCC RF Safety Q&A (PDF)
- The World Health Organization (WHO) RF Fact Sheet
- The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- The WHO’s International EMF Project
Read SCE’s studies on upcoming and advanced smart grid technologies like renewable energy storage and price-responsive appliances.