SCE.com and Your Browsers
Here are a few advantages of using the newest version of your browser:
- Security: Updating your browser can better protect you and your information while you're online
- Speed: Every browser update also improves browsing speed
- Experience: Using the latest version of your browser ensures that you're experiencing our site’s functionality and features to the fullest
Learn more about browsers and check what version you are currently using at WhatBrowser.org.
Tablets and Smartphones
We're working on upgrading SCE.com to be optimized for tablets and smartphones. We currently offer the following mobile-optimized experiences:
- Move Center: Turn on, off, or transfer service
- Mobile Outage Center: View and report power outages in a mobile-friendly view
- SCE Outage App: View and report power outages from an app installed on your mobile device
Our mobile-optimized experiences work best on devices with the latest versions of Apple iOS with the Mobile Safari browser and Android devices with the Google Chrome for Mobile browser.
Our goal is to create an experience which works best on the most common devices used by our customers. In the event that your mobile device of choice is not compatible with our mobile-optimized services, we recommend that you access SCE.com using a desktop or laptop computer.
You may use other browsers, such as Safari, Opera, COX, AOL, and older versions of Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Firefox. However, you may experience performance issues with some parts of the site.
We're always looking to improve your web experience on SCE.com, so we're working on upgrading the site's functionality and services to support all modern browsers, including Safari.
Internet Explorer Compatibility View
If you use an older version of Internet Explorer and you are experiencing problems, such as out-of-place menus, images, and text boxes, it could a Compatibility View issue. Find the Compatibility View button on the Address bar. Learn more about Compatibility View.
How to Disable Add-ons
To understand which browsers support HTML5, which SCE.com uses, please visit html5test.com.